“You want REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BEAUTIFUL ACCOMADATIONS, look NO further!!!!”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We came in last minute from West Hartford from no power, heat or food. Kathy at the front desk was wonderful, warm, attentive and truly caring. She understood that after a massive storm wrecked most of the state, she would not only open the doors to this wonderful place but got my family of 5 and dog into a wonderfully relaxing suite. Now that's service and even gave us free wine coupons to help us relax. What a treat. The room was like home but cleaner and the space was perfect. Quiet hotel and warm home like environment. The Hotel manager also was equally nice and accomadating helping us w restaurant and mall info which is down the street. This may persuade me to leave Marriott and start hunting down Indigo hotels as I travel all the time.

What a treat so we even added another day to our trip as Kathy went above and beyond again to keep us in this room and move other people around.

Just made a horrible mess back home seem ok. Thanks. And by the way, if you like a clean room, you'll love this place and pet friendly. Cleaner than most that don't allow PETS!!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank RoniCarol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
san francisco
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We were booked in for one night on our way to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Out flight's ETA was 9pm and I had emailed the hotel asking about dinner. I was promptly answered by the GM that she would be glad to have whatever we wanted delivered to our room because we probably wouldn't walk in the front door until after the R was closed. She included a link to the R's menu. This was such an excellent example of brilliant use of the internet for communication and thinking out of the box to take good care of us on her part.

That evening, we missed our connection in Newark and could not get to Albany at all. I called Hotel Indigo and ... on the spot ... Danielle found me another Hotel Indigo close to EWR, switched the reservation and cancelled our food order. Amazing customer service ... service isn't even a good enough word ... I'd call it "Customer Coddling". Well done, Albany!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JSN
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a trip back from New Hampshire. Hotel is newer and gorgeous! Price was better than some of the cheaper hotels that I contacted. One of the things that impressed me the most was the smell of the hallways and lobby..I know crazy isn't it! I am not sure what they used but it was very pleasant through out hotel. Rooms were good sized and very clean. We ate at restaurant in the hotel very good food but a little pricey. Overall a good impression and would stay here again when I am in Albany area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cld5263
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Couldn't ask a better location. Super easy to find. Hotel clean, rooms clean, friendly staff. As a priority club member you get a couple of free drinks and a free coffee in the morning. The bartender in the restaurant was super nice and helpful. No reason not to stay. Bed super comfortable. The hotel was busy but quiet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy G
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here for a few days in September 2011. The entire staff were excellent and quite friendly. The harwood floors were a nice change of pace and made it feel more like home. The bed was very confortable and they had a large blown-up photo of an apple on the wall...which was a first. Only negative was the lack of breakfast which is comon in most chain hotels. Would I do it again? Maybe, but I hope they throw in some breakfast next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I knew it was nice just by looking at the lobby. It's very relaxing and modern. Absolutely stay here over any run of the mill Marriott or Hilton. I've never seen a cleaner hotel room in my life. I've also never been to a hotel where you couldn't smell something. You know that gross hotel smell. It stinks like old rugs and other people's smokey clothes or must. Hardwood floors are gorgeous and it felt like you were in a house! love love love it! So convenient too. Right on top of major roadways, the airport, the mall and tons of restaurants. I'll stay here every time now. Thank you for not disappointing!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank rica827
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I went to stay to at this hotel while I was taking the NY Bar Exam and I was appalled by this hotel's lack of customer service, and how inept and inconsiderate the staff was.
First, when I checked in I asked them about a shuttle to the hotel where the bar exam was taking place, because the website said they offered complimentary transportation, and the hotel where the bar exam was taking place was right across the street, and they said oh, you can walk.....even though it would mean crossing a busy highway and would be completely unsafe.
I did inquire as to whether the airport shuttle could take me across the street, but they were completely inflexible in trying to come up with an alternative to the situation; rather, they told me that they contracted out with the airport shuttle service and so there was nothing they could do. Furthermore, the staff was completely inept and useless in helping hotel customers. During the busiest time, there was only one person working at the front desk, and at other times, when there was more than one person working at the front desk, they were not actually working, but standing around talking to one another, so don't expect to get any service anytime soon.
When I finally realized they would not be able to accommodate my needs and I decided to stay somewhere else, they refused to refund my money because I had walked into the room for about 5 minutes while trying to call other hotels. Unbelievable, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
jb1373, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Hotel Indigo, Latham. Unforutunaley our hotel does not provide shuttle service to local area business. We have a contracted company that provides transportation to and from the Albany International Airport only. To prevent a situation like this in the future, my suggestion, check with the hotel you are staying at and make sure that transportation is available if you require it. The crosswalk to the hotel, 20 feet away, was utilized by other guest taking the bar exam. The front desk staff assisted you in getting the Desmond shuttle a few different times due to the fact you missed it the first time around.

Our hotel does not refund to guest who have used the room after checking in. Unfortunately because the entire room had been used we were unable to refund you. The circumstances behind your departure where for a reasons out of our control. We do not provide nor do we advertise the services you were unhappy with.

I have shared your comments with the staff and noted your suggestions to ensure future guests have a comfortable and convenient stay. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.
Jennifer-Hotel Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
The Desmond Hotel Albany
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!