“Wonderful food in historic building ”

Rogue's Harbor Steak & Ale Incorporated
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Rockville Centre, New York
“Wonderful food in historic building ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to this place. Food is well prepared and reasonably priced. Beer is locally brewed. Highly recommended.

Brookhaven
“Very good find...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I must admit--I am a sucker for great ambience like this restaurant has. We sat in one of the dining rooms and it was quaint. The local beer and wine selection was wonderful. The dinner salads were large and very fresh. I loved my ale dijonnaise dressing on the side --but found it odd that it was served in a cheap paper cup instead of glass or metal. My husband had the Butternut Black Bean stew and enjoyed it. My children loved the Buffalo Chicken Tenders they shared--and there were plenty for both of them. The cole slaw was fresh and not laden-down with mayo. My prime rib was tasty--but somewhat too chewy. The mashed potatoes and squash served on the side were delicious. The desserts looked great--but we were too full! Our server was very friendly, as was the staff that greeted us. Prices were very good. We would visit again!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NewYorkT
bedford, nh
“Greasy!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I hate to give a bad review to this historic Inn but, our visit there was a huge disappointment. My daughter ordered buffalo chicken tenders. What she got was a boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into chunks and dipped in buffalo sauce. Her onion rings tasted of nothing but, grease. My husband ordered a burger with fries. The burger was not cooked in the center so he just ate the outer edges. The fries on his plate literally looked like they had been left to sit in old frying oil for days - they were dark brown and completely saturated in oil. No respectable cook should have allowed that plate to leave the kitchen! I ordered a chicken dish with sausage and polenta. The dish was primarily fried potatoes - which was a surprise because the menu description didn't even include potatoes. It was not at all what I expected and I did not enjoy it. I'm giving this restaurant 1 star which was for a good local pinot grigio. The local brew was just OK. This was honestly the worst restaurant meal we have had in years!

• Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We didn't eat here but wanted to leave a review. Our terrible tom tom GPS got us lost and we stopped here for help. They went out of their way, so nice. Even found a guest to help us out. Thanks!

Visited June 2014
Ithaca, New York
“Bleu Burger - WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

After 7 hours on Cayuga Lake, I was not in the mood to cook at home. As a matter of fact, I could only think of one place and one meal as I buttoned up the boat: a Rogue's Harbor Bleu Burger! I was not disappointed! Andy brought out a perfectly cooked burger…full of flavor. Not at all fatty and accompanied by delicious steak fries. With a great tap selection, reasonable prices and a wonderful "farm to market" philosophy, it's easy to see why Rogue's Harbor continues to be my "go to" restaurant!

• Visited May 2014