“Interesting place”

Rogues Harbor Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic 1830s building on the Registrar of National Historic Places housing a B&B with 9 distinctive rooms serving a full, gourmet breakfast and a full service restaurant and pub featuring world inspired American food plus local wines and brews on tap. Many attractions in the area. Go to the Visitor Center's web site for info
Ithaca, NY
“Interesting place”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Interesting history, adequate food and drink, nothing spectacular, outdoor seating in on a porch at a busy intersection of highway. We didn't sit outdoors, it was already dark and chilly.

• Visited September 2013

Central NY
“Self Service?”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My group of friends and I stopped in to taste Rogues in house brew with plans for a bite to eat. Arrived, took a seat...took 15 minutes to take a drink order....then the waiter asked if we will be having anything to eat. We said yes but bring us our drinks and come back for our order. It was not busy. He brought us our drinks and we reminded him to check back with us in a few minutes, we would order. 30 minutes passed.....I had a watch running ( I'm in the business), no check back, we threw some cash on the table and went to the next restaurant. Everyone claims the economy is bad, well this place doesn't want our money. Went down the road spent $150 bucks, left a nice tip. Would not recommend this place, beer is ok, and....well I don't know about the food, never was offered any.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank hoggie123
Weedsport, New York
“Delicious food at reasonable price”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited on a weekday for an early dinner. Seated on the porch, very nice but is near a busy intersection. Tried two of their own brews, both very nice. Calamari was light and tasty, and about 3-4 dollars less than what we pay at most restaurants. The Inn advertises using local where possible and this is indicated on the menu. Stuffed pork loin, an evening special, was moist and flavorful. The oyster mushroom risotto with lemon chicken was also very good, but the pepper was a bit heavy handed. Will definitely return to try other offerings.

• Visited August 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Needs a little work”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A local recommended this restaurant to us as we were traveling from out of state. Beautiful historic building, full of charm. The menu looked really great with a variety of solid choices. However, what was brought to us wasn't as delightful as written in the menu. My husband ordered the stuffed cabbage. We knew it was an unconventional version but what was brought to the table looked more like a bowl of soup. I ordered the chicken stuffed with feta and argula. The chicken breast was literally burned, and tasted burned. I don't like sending food back to the kitchen but it definitely crossed my mind here. I love how they serve local food. The bread from Ithaca Bakery was fantastic. The dipping sauce, a combo of parmasan cheese and spices mixed with olive oil, was awesome. Also, the outdoor seating overlooks an intersection so it got to be loud as 18-wheel trucks rolled by. Worthy of another try but they have some work to do in my opinion.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dana B
lima
“Good meal in historic building”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had dinner over 4th of July weekend at the Rogue's Harbor Inn. The building's history and interior was very interesting. The menu was very large with a large number of vegetarian options. My husband ordered a Rogue's Burger which was topped with NYS Cheddar cheese, bacon & smokey BBQ sauce along with Sweet Potato Fries. I ordered the Southwestern Quinoa Salad with grilled chicken which was a mix baby greens topped with red quinoa, corn, black beans, onion, tomato & housemade vegan spicy ranch dressing. The food arrived promptly. My husband's burger was perfectly cooked and the fries were very crispy. He enjoyed his burger but it was nothing outstanding. My Quinoa salad was very generous. The salad dressing was a very strange thick sauce rather than a dressing. It was inedible. I asked for a different dressing which was a more traditional balsamic dressing with hints of sesame oil. It complimented the salad much better. My husband had the flight of beer from the brewery and enjoyed tasting the 4 different beers. My glass of locally produced wine was very generous. Overall we enjoyed our meal and sent a few couples from our B&B there for dinner on following nights.

• Visited July 2013