“Lovely, scrumptious and friendly”
Review of Rogues Harbor Inn

Rogues Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Lansing B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The inn was lovely- historic without being stuffy or musty. The decor is elegant, comfortable and inviting. The food from breakfast to dinner to dessert at the bar with an after dinner coffee drink was scrumptious. You can definitely tell that much care goes into every aspect of this place.
The staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra J

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here last night and the food was pretty good. We were staying at a bed and breakfast in the area. We love microbrew beer and the beer was good, yes. It just seems that half the people in this town need mufflers on their cars. We ate on the porch which was on a Main road. It was so loud out there that my wife and I were actually wishing were ate inside after about 20 minutes. The traffic is ridiculous. Her chicken was a bit overlooked but my steak was very good. Their beer made on site was very good. The sides were creative and tasty. Just eat inside and you'll be ok. Overall Its a good place. It's not their fault the road noise is terrible but they could put up some shades or something.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night recently with my boyfriend while in town for an alumni event at Ithaca College. Quick, scenic drive from Ithaca to Lansing. Location is not picture perfect as it is at the intersection of two major roads, but once inside it is very charming. We stayed in Room 2 which was large and comfortable and nicely decorated - large bathroom as well. Comfortable bed, lots of local tourism info, food available, but we didn't eat there. I liked that the Inn was "green" and uses amenities in large bottles as opposed to small, disposable ones. I'm picky about towels and ours were stiff and had bleach marks - otherwise no complaints! The real standout here was the breakfast - breads, pastries and jams from the local Amish community that melted in your mouth. French press coffee and a selection of juices and teas. Everyone was very friendly - I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I'm glad my wife looked up the reviews at this place last weekend when we were up in the Ithaca area. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was warm and inviting with an eclectic feeling. I loved the micro brews they have. I would come back here again, too bad its a 4 hour drive from home.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Ithica for a long weekend getaway and had a wonderful experience. We really enjoyed Rogues Harbor Inn. Our room was so comfortable and very spacious! Each morning we had a delicious breakfast and I've got to say the fresh pressed coffee is incredible!! The entire staff was extremely nice and very accomodating. We went down to the bar one night and really enjoyed sitting at the bar talking to the bartender and waitstaff. Very friendly place. We are definitely going back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joanjeff
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Here is a breakdown:
Excellent food in the restaurant
Great micro-brewed beer
Proprietor was not the warm-and-friendly hostess one would expect at a BnB, seemed uptight, not happy to accommodate
Service was adequate
Room was clean
Bed was as comfortable as a concrete slab; couldn't relax, and we were in pain both mornings
Due to the age of the building, the floors are not level; our room made us feel like we were walking through a fun house
We were not familiarized with the heating system; the room was sweltering
Truck noise at the intersection was distracting

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DToepper
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed at the Rogue's Harbor Inn for my sister's 30th birthday for 2 nights with them and another couple.

The Inn itself is nice and close to Ithaca, without having to deal with the hub-bub of downtown. The road the Inn is situated on is at the intersection of 2 roads, so at times you can hear the sounds of trucks driving through - but the beds provided a comfortable sleep and I must say that while sleeping on the second floor I was not woken by the sounds of trucks at all. Our room was spacious, with a queen sized bed, twin bed and a couch. The beds were definitely comfortable, and the robes they left in the closets for after showers were cozy and comfy. The breakfasts were absolutely amazing- up to the third floor to the common room where we all sat down together and had breakfast. Egg souffles, bacon, rosemary potatoes (which I am still missing), fresh bread and butter from a local farm. The breakfast for both days were hands down awesome.

The inn is definitely interesting with its history, which they have decorated the walls with photos and articles regarding the history. Quirky, and filled with history. A plus is that downstairs on the main floor there is a restaurant to eat at that has pretty good food, as well as their own homemade beer. Convenient to know there is a restaurant downstairs without having to jump in the car and drive down the road.

Overall, our group was pleased with Rogue's Harbor Inn, and are already planning a trip back up. With reasonably priced rooms, good breakfasts, cozy rooms, and a restaurant downstairs, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rogues Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!