“Using Up Gift Cards”

Applebee's
Ranked #22 of 38 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Again my wife and I were out for dinner and I had a $50 gift card to use.
Her dinner was way over cooked and she sent it back, mine was OK . It seems like everytime we go there we have some sort of issue, either
with the food or the service. I still have another $25 gift card, I may give
it to my kids.

1  Thank Jim W

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the first bad review I've ever written. I don't write this as a knee jerk reaction to this restaurant. My last THREE visits were horrible. Mainly bad service. The food also has taken a downturn. They used to grill their steaks...now they come in with "pre"grill marks and substandard taste. I went last time JUST as an excuse to have them come over to our table and sing Happy Birthday to my 10 year old...me and my 14 year old were giving each other "knowing looks" because we had planned it out. I told the waitress as she was seating me what our plan was. Long story short...after ONE AND A HALF HOURS and watching my waitress smooooze the older couple next to me for a big tip...extended talking 15-20 minutes with them (I actually think they would have rather enjoyed their meal ALONE!)....I reminded her twice....and when she brought my bill I asked "Are you sending anyone to my table?!?!?!?!?) Waited ten more minutes..no singing,....no waitress...so I left....forever. I am a BIG tipper so she really called that one wrong! They also have changed their appetizer special menu and it's very limited now. I rather go ANYWHERE else in Lakewood. They'll never so me again....ps. My french onion soup came lukewarm with a piece of prov floating and unmelted. Ugh.

1  Thank wnyroute66
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Things have certainly changed since our last visit in August. We normally order the two for $20 entrees. The platters for our entrees were visibly smaller and shallower, but the prices remained the same. At least the background music was not as overpowering as on our last visit.

1  Thank Inmycar
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This location is pretty consistently good. They just did a little remodeling, using wallpaper with local sights and sports teams' photos. The service is usually fine, the food is good. It's in a good location in front of Walmart, so is generally busy. We generally get the "2 for $20" , if available. The larger steak in the 2 for $20 menu is a better choice, if you don't mind paying a couple bucks extra. Everything else is typical Applebee's, which is a good thing. My husband has had a couple of tough steaks, but I can't say that I've ever had a bad meal there.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Server screwed up my order, after waiting for ten minutes to arrive to take it. Food is always what you expect at an Applebees, no disappointments here.