“Enjoyable and Tasty!”

Cross street: Rts 15/20A
Rochester, New York
“Enjoyable and Tasty!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I had a friend recommend this place. So we tried it on a Friday night. They were busy but we got a table within 15 minutes without a reservation. We had a great server, Ryan. I love spicy food so I had the Jambalaya and it was very good. My husband's steak was tremendous. I loved the wood seared flavor. I only was able to get my fork on a few pieces. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Amanda K

Rochester, New York
“Call Chef Ramsay”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our family has had dinner and lunch at the North Shore Grill many times. Because it is close to home--Rural area, we continue to support our local establishments. Over the past few years I would say that the North Shore has met or exceeded our expectations about 30% of the time.
On a Wednesday night in late August you would think that a lake restaurant would be packed. Not the case. We were not the only table with complaints. I counted four tables with issues, mostly over-cooked beef. I could have gone up the road to Denny's and had a better meal. We were a table of 3, ordering just 2 alcoholic drinks, no dessert and our bill was $130. Absolutely not an issue if the meal had been first class. We did inform the waitress of our discontent and we were offered a free dessert, which we declined.
The waiters are always new and the claim of a new chef sure has not helped. I could name a dozen friends/family that have had similar experiences. One time good, Two times bad--no continuity.

2 Thank carolinamg
Avon, NY
“I enjoy this restaurant.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I have been eating here since it opened. Just this year the restaurant was totally redecorated and new staff was brought in and some of the menu changed. We always order seafood and find that it is fresh and done to our liking. We usually eat on the deck and share an appetizer and wine with our dinner. We enjoy the atmosphere, the lake, the music and the food. Our service has been friendly and timely. Our one mix-up was when we made a reservation for the deck on the third of July and found ourselves sitting in the dining room instead but after a talk with the manager, a table on the deck was found for us and we had a lovely evening watching the fireworks.

“Will not return.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you enjoy the smell of rotting seaweed, decomposing fish, a waitress staff that looks pretty, but totally in need of training, a fancy named menu, that is so overly priced by 3 times, and food which was mediocre to poor, than this is the place for you. But it looks nice on the inside!

3 Thank bushbomb
frenchtown nj
“Hard to believe it is still in business”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It would be hard to justify the cost of our dinner if questioned about it. The food quality was "just above average". The service was just below average (the waitress was pleasant but not very attentive). The dining room was nicely appointed with a nice view of the umbrellas and tables blocking the view of the lake.

If the price of the food was on par with the quality of our dining experience then I would be much more positive with this review. I would be interested to see if any diners are return customers.
If this restaurant was located water front in Baltimore inner harbor or NYC Seaport I could understand the pricing. This is Conesus Lake in western New York.

Perhaps this is the only game in town (Lakeville NY) but the next time in the area we will continue further east where expectation is closer to reality.

2 Thank david d