Lowest prices for your stay
$266
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$267
Destinia.com
$237
Hotels.com$267
Travelocity$267
Trip.com$241
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

I will start with the positives.Hotel restaurant staff were absolutely lovely as were the chambermaids-absolutely wonderful people whom we were able to relate to, partly because we understand the mentality of the people from this part of the world.

However, the issues related to this hotel cannot be overlooked and we hope that our experiences in this hotel over the past week will help people with babies/young children make the right decision regarding their holidays.

DO NOT book this hotel if you have a pram/buggy and a very young child/baby.Access to the beach involves negotiating 7 flights of steps, during which you will have to carry your pram.This hotel requires serious investment and money you pay for rooms here can get you much better facilities in one of the neighbouring hotels.Anyone who claims access is fine if you have a baby is simply lying.

Rooms are OK size-wise however they are quite basic and very outdated.Again,you are overpaying for what you get.
Food is a 2/5 and the menu is quite basic.My advice to the holding company would be to look at the food offering of any decent hotel (hint: Kompas in Dubrovnik).

The overarching issue with this hotel is its sense of complacency, like with so many hotels in Croatia.If you need any examples of this, then do not look any further than the broken lift that has not been fixed as of yet.The lift itself is quite ancient and it broke down, so there are 8/9 flights of steps (depending on the floor you are staying at) to negotiate if you want to get to the beach.There seems no hurry to fix it; we were told there was only one technician in Dalmatia who can fix it.Be that as it may, the fault lies squarely with Blue Sun as the holding company, for allowing things to get to such a point as to need an antiques restorer for a lift that was installed sometime in the 80s, rather than an engineer.The hotel staff didn’t seem too concerned about the fact that the one lift they have is out of service.

When we enquired about the lift situation, the indifference from the hotel staff was very frustrating and smacked of a serious lack of professionalism.This is the problem with so many places in Croatia.

We sat at this hotel’s snack bar by the beach when a lady complained about her food being burnt.Once she left,the waiting staff and the chefs openly mocked her, not caring one bit about whether or not they could be understood.

The amount we paid for five nights here can get you over a week all-inclusive in a different country or in Croatia with serious professionalism thrown in.As long as places like this exist, people will shun Croatia for elsewhere.This is a shame as Brela is a wonderful place with one of the best beaches on the Adriatic and this hotel actually has serious potential.Serious investment and urgent attention to professionalism are required if they have any desire to realise this potential.

In short-avoid if you can as there are better places in the close vicinity.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2019

I’m writing this review just as I am about to leave this hotel after a 5 day stay. As this is our first proper holiday as a family with an infant, I’m really disappointed with how family unfriendly the hotel is. I understand that due to its setting, there would be quite a lot of steps and steep climes to get to the beach and back up, however surely making a few ramps would at least make it that bit easier to access the beach! Not only that, in order to access the hotel restaurant, we also had to carry our child’s pram down some steps. On our last day here, the hotel lift broke down and that really made our stay extremely difficult. Overall, instead of having a rest, by the end of each day, my husband and I felt quite tired due to having to climb so many steps with a baby and a pram in tow.
This hotel was built a long time ago, back in the day when accessibility wasn’t something that was taken into consideration. However, I feel that these issues could easily be dealt with, if only it’s investors cared.
On the positive side, I liked the hotel building, most of its staff were friendly, particularly the 2 chamber maids I encountered and the location was lovely. However, the food was mediocre and apart from the hotel pool, there appeared to be no other facilities available, at least I wasn’t informed of any.
Hotel Maestral in Brela has a huge amount of potential, however it’s too outdated and feels just as it looks, tired and uninteresting.

Room tip: Choose a sea view room
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2018

This is a fairly priced hotel with a great location for a relaxing beach getaway. The staff are professional, friendly and approachable. A good breakfast and dinner is provided in the very pleasant restaurant area. There are other newly refurbished hotels up and down the Makarska Riveria to choose but we enjoyed the retro charm & atmosphere of this hotel. A few steps down from the hotel pool area takes you to a newly paved promenade to walk either direction to various clean pebble beaches. You can also find an open air gym with various equipment in the shade of the pine trees.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank GordonFinch
KresoCo, Guest Relations Manager at Bluesun Hotel Maestral, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear GordonFinch,

Thank you for the high grade and your warm words.
Have a nice rest of the year and come back to Croatia in 2019.

Kind regards & all the best,
Ana Medic
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Me and My Mother stayed here in june in one of the rooms with ocean view.
The hotel has a perfect location, the staff is nice and the restarant is good with a lot of options.
The balcony was big and the cleaning was very satisfing.

I will defently stay here again next time I visit Brela!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kamilla_stockholm
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice was our stay in this hotel. At first glance the hotel looks older, but do not be fooled. The hotel's appearance is retro-look charming and if someone doesn't like it, then in my opinion this is definitely compensated by the quality of the staff's service, at a very high level. It is truly the individual's approach to the guest. Rooms are clean and location of the hotel is excellent. A special praise goes to the boss of the restaurant and to the entire staff of the hotel. High recommendation from us.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple