Lowest prices for your stay
$266
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$267
Destinia.com
$237
Hotels.com$267
Travelocity$267
Trip.com$241
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2019

I’m writing this review just as I am about to leave this hotel after a 5 day stay. As this is our first proper holiday as a family with an infant, I’m really disappointed with how family unfriendly the hotel is. I understand that due to its setting, there would be quite a lot of steps and steep climes to get to the beach and back up, however surely making a few ramps would at least make it that bit easier to access the beach! Not only that, in order to access the hotel restaurant, we also had to carry our child’s pram down some steps. On our last day here, the hotel lift broke down and that really made our stay extremely difficult. Overall, instead of having a rest, by the end of each day, my husband and I felt quite tired due to having to climb so many steps with a baby and a pram in tow.
This hotel was built a long time ago, back in the day when accessibility wasn’t something that was taken into consideration. However, I feel that these issues could easily be dealt with, if only it’s investors cared.
On the positive side, I liked the hotel building, most of its staff were friendly, particularly the 2 chamber maids I encountered and the location was lovely. However, the food was mediocre and apart from the hotel pool, there appeared to be no other facilities available, at least I wasn’t informed of any.
Hotel Maestral in Brela has a huge amount of potential, however it’s too outdated and feels just as it looks, tired and uninteresting.

Room tip: Choose a sea view room
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2018

This is a fairly priced hotel with a great location for a relaxing beach getaway. The staff are professional, friendly and approachable. A good breakfast and dinner is provided in the very pleasant restaurant area. There are other newly refurbished hotels up and down the Makarska Riveria to choose but we enjoyed the retro charm & atmosphere of this hotel. A few steps down from the hotel pool area takes you to a newly paved promenade to walk either direction to various clean pebble beaches. You can also find an open air gym with various equipment in the shade of the pine trees.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank GordonFinch
KresoCo, Guest Relations Manager at Bluesun Hotel Maestral, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear GordonFinch,

Thank you for the high grade and your warm words.
Have a nice rest of the year and come back to Croatia in 2019.

Kind regards & all the best,
Ana Medic
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Me and My Mother stayed here in june in one of the rooms with ocean view.
The hotel has a perfect location, the staff is nice and the restarant is good with a lot of options.
The balcony was big and the cleaning was very satisfing.

I will defently stay here again next time I visit Brela!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kamilla_stockholm
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice was our stay in this hotel. At first glance the hotel looks older, but do not be fooled. The hotel's appearance is retro-look charming and if someone doesn't like it, then in my opinion this is definitely compensated by the quality of the staff's service, at a very high level. It is truly the individual's approach to the guest. Rooms are clean and location of the hotel is excellent. A special praise goes to the boss of the restaurant and to the entire staff of the hotel. High recommendation from us.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

-lovely location near the sea. We booked a room with balcony at the sea side and had a very nice sea view.
-staff is very friendly
-quiet hotel
-the architecture : the hotel was built in 1965 and designed by the architect Ante Rožić, in a specific Adriatic style. The interior was designed by a Croatian architect and decorated by Croation artists. It results in a very unique atmosphere. At first sight, some people might call it ‘dated’, but if you give it a chance, you will soon notice how much more beautiful it is than the ‘cheaply renovated’ interior of some of the other hotels.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
KresoCo, Manager at Bluesun Hotel Maestral, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear fiona037,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. We are glad you liked our hotel, staff and the location. Hopefully we see each other next year. A beautiful room is waiting for you.

Kind regards,