Lowest prices for your stay
$266
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$267
ZenHotels.com
$249
Hotels.com
Travelocity$267
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2018

This is a fairly priced hotel with a great location for a relaxing beach getaway. The staff are professional, friendly and approachable. A good breakfast and dinner is provided in the very pleasant restaurant area. There are other newly refurbished hotels up and down the Makarska Riveria to choose but we enjoyed the retro charm & atmosphere of this hotel. A few steps down from the hotel pool area takes you to a newly paved promenade to walk either direction to various clean pebble beaches. You can also find an open air gym with various equipment in the shade of the pine trees.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank GordonFinch
KresoCo, Guest Relations Manager at Bluesun Hotel Maestral, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear GordonFinch,

Thank you for the high grade and your warm words.
Have a nice rest of the year and come back to Croatia in 2019.

Kind regards & all the best,
Ana Medic
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Me and My Mother stayed here in june in one of the rooms with ocean view.
The hotel has a perfect location, the staff is nice and the restarant is good with a lot of options.
The balcony was big and the cleaning was very satisfing.

I will defently stay here again next time I visit Brela!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kamilla_stockholm
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice was our stay in this hotel. At first glance the hotel looks older, but do not be fooled. The hotel's appearance is retro-look charming and if someone doesn't like it, then in my opinion this is definitely compensated by the quality of the staff's service, at a very high level. It is truly the individual's approach to the guest. Rooms are clean and location of the hotel is excellent. A special praise goes to the boss of the restaurant and to the entire staff of the hotel. High recommendation from us.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

-lovely location near the sea. We booked a room with balcony at the sea side and had a very nice sea view.
-staff is very friendly
-quiet hotel
-the architecture : the hotel was built in 1965 and designed by the architect Ante Rožić, in a specific Adriatic style. The interior was designed by a Croatian architect and decorated by Croation artists. It results in a very unique atmosphere. At first sight, some people might call it ‘dated’, but if you give it a chance, you will soon notice how much more beautiful it is than the ‘cheaply renovated’ interior of some of the other hotels.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
KresoCo, Manager at Bluesun Hotel Maestral, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear fiona037,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. We are glad you liked our hotel, staff and the location. Hopefully we see each other next year. A beautiful room is waiting for you.

Kind regards,
Ana Medić, Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

I have nothing positive to say about this place. The hotel is extremely dated, furniture is old and ratty. They claim to be "retro" but it is a far cry from "retro cool". The hotel was built in the 60s and has literally not been touched since. From the start, we were not made to feel welcome. Upon arrival we were not shown to our rooms or helped with our luggage. No map of the area was provided and facilities not explained. We had booked a Sea View Room 3 months prior as we wanted our stay in Brela to be special and memorable as we were celebrating our 2 year anniversary. Due to "technical difficulties" we were given a Park View Room. The room had a view of the parking lot. And from what I could see all the Sea View Rooms were occupied so we were left extremely disappointed. Room had no shower, only a bath. When I asked to change rooms to one with a shower I was told all rooms were like that. Whether that is true or not I have no idea. The restaurant area was like stepping into an episode of Love Boat, I have never seen anything like it. Hotel staff were not friendly and unhelpful which made for an uncomfortable stay. In summary, I will not be staying at this hotel ever again and will never recommend this to others. There are loads of other places right on the beach which are a hundred times better.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank wenben83
KresoCo, Manager at Bluesun Hotel Maestral, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear wbenkotic,

I’m sorry you feel this way about our hotel. It has been renovated several times since its construction. Bluesun Hotel Maestral is actually one of the finest examples of modernist hotel architecture in Croatia, studied by architects and students of architecture both locally and internationally.
I honestly appreciate your opinion the same way I appreciate the many positive reviews we receive from our guests. Thanks again for your time and effort.

Best regards