All reviewsnearby restaurantsguest houseorder foodwine bottleshibiscus juicepleasure of stayinghome away from homespent nightsgreat optiongreat place to staythe location is perfectthe entire staffan oasislounge areacomfortable bedsfresh fruitindian food
Reviewed June 30, 2018

We are American missionaries living in Uganda & needed a respite. This place is much better than I expected. They gave us a missionary discount.

Very clean, the rooms are unusual from walls made of mortar and wine bottles to a shower...….

A SHOWER that is amazing. Large walk in with rock walls and water pressure & a huge shower head!!! That may seem funny to say but in Uganda, to find a shower that has water pressure is rare and most all have switches to heat the water and the tanks are tiny.

The pool is extremely clean and the grounds are amazingly well upkept. The room had not a single bug which is also extremely rare. The beds were not bad for Uganda. There are screens on the windows so you can use the mosquito net but we didn't. There was no fridge, kettle or anything to heat food or refrigerate things but they were good at freezing water bottles for our cooler.

The breakfast was okay, tasty but nothing to write home about. It could use some improvements.

Good onsite parking and in a very safe area of Jinja & it was very...…. quiet which is not common in Uganda. There are a few good places to eat nearby. We loved Casa Mia for Italian. Downtown is not far away.

The staff were all excellent & Ellert, the owner was very nice and sociable. Anything we needed was there.

I never write reviews for hotels but this place deserved it. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms have the patios.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Arriving late at Souce of the Smile after a draining, 11-hour bus trip across Uganda, I learned that I had made a mistake when booking my stay. They had expected me two days earlier and my error had cost them other bookings. Instead of being cross with me or billing me for my mistake, they kindly scrambled to accommodate me, putting me in the large, family room for the price of a single. The room was clean, quiet, tastefully decorated, had cooling fans, a comfortable bed, screened windows, bed nets, and a fine bathroom with a tub and hot and cold water. The pool is beautiful and particularly refreshing after a long bus trip. The breakfast buffet was delicious, offering, among other things, eggs, smoothies, fresh fruit, and sausage. I ate both of my dinners at Source of the Smile as they take orders for two of the best restaurants in Jinja (Jinja Deli and Moti Mahal) and the ambiance of dining outside in their garden was hard to beat. The staff were solicitous, efficient, and kind. I'd return in heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2018

We had a nice time at the source of the Smile. The venue is a very nice place to chill out. Loads of outdoor and indoor seating and a nice place to hang out around the pool. The rooms were ok, have experienced better rooms for the same price whilst in Uganda, but all in all were still reasonable. The breakfast was good, loads of choices. The bar area was nice, although drinks were a little overpriced by Ugandan standards. Overall it is a nice place to base yourself whilst in Jinja.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed April 24, 2018

For me, the vast majority of accommodation options in Jinja are overpriced for the facilities and services they offer. Source of the Smile offers a happy medium. Its more of a guest house, and I love that. Lovely garden area, each room has its own outside space with comfy seating, the rooms were spotlessly clean, good quality bathrooms.
Is doesn't have a restaurant but you can order take way from a couple of restaurants and have it delivered which suited us fine. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Source S, Manager at Source of the Smile Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2018

Dear Our Guest.

Thank you for making such a review.
Your always welcome.

Kind Regards
DAVID

Reviewed April 10, 2018

I stayed in Feb 2017 and returned in Feb 2018 with my friend Naomi to this absolutely amazing place. The owner and the staff were just so accommodating and super friendly to not only us but also our guests which was very kind of them. The breakfast was amazing. If you're vegan, there are fruit options for you too! A great selection of restaurants nearby, the main Jinja strip is a short 20min walk away and 5minute taxi ride. You will be so happy you chose this place for holiday or business as it is a real treat for the heart.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business

Dear Our Customer,

Thank you for choosing Source of the Smile Guest House.
These makes us happy that we made your stay successful.
For any retreat needed please you are always welcome.

Kind Regards