“'Exceptional'”

Ranked #1 of 34 Jinja B&B and Inns
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“'Exceptional'”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Spent three nights/four days in this wonderful place. We had two rooms since the inlaws were with us. The service was exceptional and warm. The ambience was truely unbeatable. All the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We all enjoyed the meals we ordered delivered from various restaurants in the area which were served on the terrace or poolside by the wonderful staff at this B&B. Very unique concept. The rooms were tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean. Our only small complaint was the bathroom and shower which needs some updating. This is easy to overlook since everything else is just so much above what you would expect. We will be there again next year and hopefully many more to come. Ellert and his wife Margaret are wonderful people and would make sure you leave absolutely satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I read the other reviews on this guesthouse and all reviews were true about this unique welcoming guesthouse. The complimentry drink we recieved on arrival was a huge suprise and welcomed. The owners were naturally friendly, the staff were great at their work and the place was relaxing, clean and quirky in design. I actually removed my shoes for the first time in 9 months when outside as the place was clean and safe. My daughter enjoyed swimming in the pool and the surrounds felt like we were back at home in Australia, enjoying the great outdoors. Even though they do not have a restaurant on site the food we ordered was there quickly (amazing for Uganda) and the complimentry buffet breakfast was very nice. We were also impressed with a $10 discount for missionaries. Thank you Ellert, Margeret and staff for your hospitality.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 as it was a family room and very roomy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We, my wife, my 2 year old son and myself stayed 5 nights at the Source of the Smile. From the moment we walked in we felt home. Everything possible was done to make us feel at home, and we did. The staf is very helpful and was so kind to our boy. The rooms are great and the whole atmosphere is relaxed. Ellert, the owner is a great guy, and did whatever was needed to make our stay pleasant. The pool is great, the bar and terrace are agood place to hang out and drink a beer in the afternoon. Going back in November, look forward to that. Best place in Jinja!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

By far the most amazing guesthouse I have ever been lucky enough to stay at!

The rooms, decor, and grounds are absolutely stunning. Ellert and his wife Margaret and all people working at at the Source of the Smile are the kindest, most caring, interesting people. Staying at the Source of the Smile was a real highlight of my trip in Uganda. The energy there is so wonderful. They deeply care about their guests. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable as well!

If you are in Jinja you should stay here! I cannot recommend the Source of the Smile more, it is a truly special place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Absolutely fantastic guesthouse, and much better than any other hotels in Jinja. Having stayed in almost every hotel/guesthouse in Jinja, I put Source of the Smile leagues above the rest, especially when you compare the prices of other places in Jinja. Great value for money, great food, great service and a beautifully designed place both inside and out.

It is particularly nice if you like a private and peaceful setting in the evening, to relax and feel at home.

The staff create a home away home environment, and can cater to all your needs. In particular the owner Ellert, his wife Margaret and the manager Maria who treat you like family from the minute you walk into the place.

If you are coming to Jinja, I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else, this is the place to stay!

A big thanks to all the team at Source of the Smile!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter B
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently stayed at Source of the Smile in Jinja Uganda and I was amazed by the hospitality! Ellert, his wife, Maria and the entire staff were so welcoming and helpful throughout my stay. Seeing as I was traveling alone, they ensured that I did not lack company but at the same time, gave me enough space to work! Great service, great people that become like family by the time you depart. I was really sad to leave and I recommend Source of the Smile to anyone who is planning on traveling to Jinja!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sarah M
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is a little piece of paradise; a swimming pool in a green place, a large patio where you can surf on internet with an ugandan beer and a joyful and welcoming staff always available for any request.
Also, Ellert, the owner and her wife Margaret take care of you ad make you feel at home.
I totally recommend this place!!!

Thanks again to the staff

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo