“Good change of pace after Whitewater Rafting”
Review of Kayak the Nile

Kayak the Nile
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: From mild to wild, novice to expert, there's something for everyone at Kayak the Nile. Take a relaxing 2hr kayak cruise or go for high adrenaline with our grade 5 tandem kayak trip. Learn to white water kayak with Uganda's most experienced and qualified coaches or improve your skills on the Nile's big volume rapids that vary from grades 1 to 6! Whatever your time frame, or your ability level, there's a kayaking opportunity here for you, so you too can experience Nile's natural beauty and its wild white water rapids.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I went out with kayak the Nile the morning after an intense day of whitewater rafting. It was a lovely change of pace. The water was smooth and calm, the sun was hot, and there were birds everywhere! We even brought out homemade banana cake and coffee and tea to enjoy out on th3e water. Bring binoculars to take advantage of the chance to spot birds, and even otters. ENjoy!

Date of experience: July 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you for sharing about your experience AllyDC!

Tea and homemade gluten-free banana bread are included in our sit-on-top tours that take place as part of our monthly yoga/kayak mornings. As you say, these are a relaxing change of pace after the intensity of being on the white water. We're glad you enjoyed yourself!

All reviews
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"once in a lifetime"

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I've taken 6 kayaking lessons with Kayak the Nile and have loved everyone. All the instructors are great, super patient, and amazing at their jobs. I started out quiet scared of the white water and they have been very patient with me in building up my skills and confidence in the water. It's also an amazing place to learn how to kayak, and I've been able to go down class 3 and 4 rapids and even try some surfing! This section of the Nile is probably one of the best and safest places to learn how to white water kayak, and KTN has some of the best instructors. Easily one of my favorite things about being in Uganda!

Date of experience: July 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Hi Yuen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thank you also for posting your photos! They're great to see.

We're happy to hear that kayaking on the Nile has been a highlight for you, we love it too! Sam (my husband, and KTN co-owner/operator) and I have chosen here as our home simply because of the quality of white water!

Well done on making such great progress and thanks again,

(Co-owner/operator)

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I used this outfit recently, and was very impressed with everything. Dave in the office was a ton of help going over the details with me via email before I arrived, and clearly answered every question I had. I expected a brief canned email but instead got a real email back that was so helpful. The shop had a large selection of quality kayaks and good gear as well. Once on the river, my guide David was a great guy to go boating with and helped me work on some play boating moves I didn't know. Running the nile was one of the highlights of my trip, and KTN made it easy and stress-free.

Date of experience: July 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for the review! I'm very happy to hear we succeeded in creating a stress-free and fun experience for you.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback; we aim to go above and beyond wherever possible and hearing about our guests' experiences helps us grow and ensure we're providing the best service we can,

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Jamie, Shaggy and Dave will ensure you have a amazing time. We'd done a little bit of ocean kayaking prior to signing up for a 2-day course with Kayak the Nile and they paced our learning to match. An awesome crew and an amazing experience to learn on the White Nile. I even got to roll with the aid of a life jacket on my paddle! Jaws is also a thrilling grade 3 rapid to test your nerves.

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hi Karen - thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really useful for us to hear about your experience and we're glad to hear you had such fun! I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of the team,

See more reviews
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Many people can say they have kayaked down the Nile but only few can say they SUP the NIle. I recommend this to people who have some time in Jinga and want to do something a little different. Doing the grades 1 and 2 on a stand up paddle is hard but a lot of fun. You need to be able to put your pride and ego aside because you are going to take some pretty fun falls off the board. All in all it was a great way to spend the day on the water. Sim and Shaggy our guides made us three girls have a blast. I am pretty sure they laughed at us the whole time, but we were laughing at ourselves the whole time too. Well worth the time and money.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Renae N
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thanks for the recommendation Renae! SUP boarding is a new addition to our line up here at Kayak the Nile and it's definitely a unique, challenging but fun way to experience the river! I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed yourselves and I've passed your compliments on to Sim and Shaggy.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us, and for joining us on the river,

(Co-owner/operator)