“SUP”
Review of Kayak the Nile

Kayak the Nile
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: From mild to wild, novice to expert, there's something for everyone at Kayak the Nile. Take a relaxing 2hr kayak cruise or go for high adrenaline with our grade 5 tandem kayak trip. Learn to white water kayak with Uganda's most experienced and qualified coaches or improve your skills on the Nile's big volume rapids that vary from grades 1 to 6! Whatever your time frame, or your ability level, there's a kayaking opportunity here for you, so you too can experience Nile's natural beauty and its wild white water rapids.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Many people can say they have kayaked down the Nile but only few can say they SUP the NIle. I recommend this to people who have some time in Jinga and want to do something a little different. Doing the grades 1 and 2 on a stand up paddle is hard but a lot of fun. You need to be able to put your pride and ego aside because you are going to take some pretty fun falls off the board. All in all it was a great way to spend the day on the water. Sim and Shaggy our guides made us three girls have a blast. I am pretty sure they laughed at us the whole time, but we were laughing at ourselves the whole time too. Well worth the time and money.

1  Thank Renae N
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thanks for the recommendation Renae! SUP boarding is a new addition to our line up here at Kayak the Nile and it's definitely a unique, challenging but fun way to experience the river! I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed yourselves and I've passed your compliments on to Sim and Shaggy.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us, and for joining us on the river,

Emily Ward

in 11 reviews
"whitewater"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have had 3 lessons with Kayak the Nile and they have all been amazing. I was very nervous before I started but their instructors have been fantastic.I have now been down grade 3 rapids, can do T rescues and am almost able to roll. I even attempted the legendary superhole this weekend! The quality of the instructors is outstanding and I am not only learning what to do in a kayak, but why I need to do it. I can't recommend Kayak the Nile enough - if you haven't had a lesson yet then what are you waiting for?

1  Thank Anya W
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, Anya W! It's great to hear about your experience so far. Well done for overcoming your nerves and challenging yourself!

Thanks again for the recommendation,

Emily Ward

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Our first trip to Uganda, was a experience of a life time. I had in my mind what to expect but it was that and so much more. Kayak the Nile are a amazing company to go with if you are a first timer like me or one of the more experienced kayakers. NRE was just a perfect place to stay, basic but all you ever need in a beautiful setting, everyone was just so friendly and helpful….. Nile special beer was great too. I rafted down to the Hairy Lemon island and stayed there for 2 days just a wonderful setting. If you are considering a trip to Uganda and to Jinja and are slightly nervous about arranging it ….. I would say just do it, Kayak the Nile made the whole experience so much smoother than i could of ever done on my own. Now suffering the Nile blues….. looking forward to going back there.

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you rhonademps! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We were happy to help with the planning and organising of your trip to the Nile and we're glad you had such a good time!

We look forward to welcoming you back on the river again soon,

Thanks again,

Emily Ward (née Wall)

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I was very scared at the idea of kayaking down the grade 3 rapids but was determined to face my fear! We went with a guide called Colin and spent the morning learning techniques and getting a feel for the kayaks. After a nice lunch we went out to the rapids and i was definitely more nervous, but the guides were great. We capsized on our first rapid, but got back in and with some encouragement carried on! We did better with the next few, and thoroughly enjoyed our time. Would do it again if i was ever back in Jinja, and our guide Colin was very encouraging and supportive! thanks for a great day.

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for the review Hannah! It's great to hear about your experience and I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to Colin.

As you say, white water kayaking can be nerve-racking but one of the great things about learning here on the Nile is that the rapids are very safe and friendly and no previous experience is required! The river is deep so there's no rocks to worry about and despite the equatorial climate there's no crocodiles or hippos in our section of Nile either.

Hope to see you on the water again soon,

Emily Ward (née Wall)