“World Class Coaching on World Class whitewater”
Review of Kayak the Nile

Kayak the Nile
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: From mild to wild, novice to expert, there's something for everyone at Kayak the Nile. Take a relaxing 2hr kayak cruise or go for high adrenaline with our grade 5 tandem kayak trip. Learn to white water kayak with Uganda's most experienced and qualified coaches or improve your skills on the Nile's big volume rapids that vary from grades 1 to 6! Whatever your time frame, or your ability level, there's a kayaking opportunity here for you, so you too can experience Nile's natural beauty and its wild white water rapids.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

As part of a group of 6 UK paddlers I spent two week with Sam, Emily, Jamie and Colin getting some excellent freestyle white water coaching. I had an absolutely superb time and have some great memories, running some of the biggest rapids i've ever seen.

KTN will cater for any and all kayakers including complete novices and the River Nile supplies the best scenery and wildlife. A must for anyone looking for an adventure in Africa.

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Happy to host you here on the Nile, Matt C! It was great getting to know you guys; we had a lot of fun too! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we look forward to kayaking with you again soon,

Thanks again,

"grade rapids"
in 5 reviews
"super fun"

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Kayaking on the Nile River is a wonderful experience. The water is cool and refreshing, you have experienced guides and get to see the beautiful green banks of the White Nile. Lunches are fabulously delicious! They also have kayaks for beginners so that you just sit on the top and have no chance of going upside down, so it is safe for everyone.

1  Thank BenefacTours
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Hi BenefacTours - thank you for the review and for joining us on the Nile! It's great to hear about your experience. We're happy you had a fun time with us and we hope to see you back on the river again in the near future,

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

3 Songkang Canoe School members (korean) took 10 days freestyle lesson from sam. It was amazing experience, We really enjoyed. Highly recommand Kayak the Nile who want to visit Africa. Hope to be there again.

Thank you for the review Jeong M, and thanks for visiting! We hope to see you, and the South Korea freestyle kayak team, again next year!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Booking with KTN was one of the best things I have ever done, and believe me there is competition. These guys are amazing! They are flexible and easy going, I was able to book the perfect combination of lessons with a short trip, in single kayak and in a tandem. I learnt an amazing amount and had the best time on the rapids in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The organisation and communications from Emily pre-arrival and during my stay were perfect especially considering the logistics for my trip were not simple and coincided with the kayaking festiva. Also the instructors I had (David, Hassan and Jamie) were very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and so patient. They filled me with so much confidence I felt like I could do anything and I did! I can’t recommend it enough, THANK YOU so much guys I hope to see you again, Claudia

Thank you for the recommendation and review Claudia! I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of the team, I am sure that they will be as happy as I am to hear about your experience.

One of the fantastic things about the Nile here in Uganda is the variety of kayaking options available, from calm water cruises to white water adventures; we aim to tailor what we do to the individual so it's great to hear we got the right combination for you.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on the river again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Being someone who cant really swim and is afraid of water learning to kayak down the white waters of the Nile was never something high on my to do list. After a lot of persuasion I decided to do a beginners class for the day. Possible one of the best choices ever. I had an awesome day, got over my fear of water, headed down some rapids and made it down a few the right way up. Kayak the Nile were awesome from start to finish. the Kits was good and explained well, our guide/ teacher/ Kayak guru (Jamie) was great fun and had the patience of a saint. If you come to Jinja and dont head out for the day with Kayak the Nile then you really will be missing a great day out and possibly the best hobby you ever have. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Tom

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hi tomgill28 - thank you!

It's great to hear about your experience and well done for making such awesome progress! You're right that kayaking makes for a great hobby, I started about 15 years ago now and there's still plenty for me to learn and challenge myself with too.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and hope to see you on the water again soon!