“Thank you for the introduction”
Review of Kayak the Nile

Kayak the Nile
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: From mild to wild, novice to expert, there's something for everyone at Kayak the Nile. Take a relaxing 2hr kayak cruise or go for high adrenaline with our grade 5 tandem kayak trip. Learn to white water kayak with Uganda's most experienced and qualified coaches or improve your skills on the Nile's big volume rapids that vary from grades 1 to 6! Whatever your time frame, or your ability level, there's a kayaking opportunity here for you, so you too can experience Nile's natural beauty and its wild white water rapids.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My friend and I have been paddling for several years but we decided to book the Discover the Nile kayaking package as a way of getting introduced to the river. We are happy to have had local guides show us the ropes (literally in the case of the Nile Special wave). After three days with guides, we felt much more confident about all the lines, logistics of getting to and from the river and how to use the rope at Nile Special. The guides are very knowledgeable and friendly, and the coaching was especially helpful for kayakers with less big-water experience. Thanks again.

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for the review, Edward W! We're happy to hear you enjoyed our 'Discover the Nile' 3 day intro to the river, as you found out, this is a great way for experienced kayakers to learn the multiple lines, rapids and channels here and get themselves set up for the rest of their time on the river.

I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of the team,

Thanks again,

"whole team"
"grade rapids"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I don't usually do this, but for somany reasons feel compelled. My family and I particiapted in a kayaking lesson and excurion with Kayk The Nile and it was very enjoyable. What I want to complelement most was how easy it was to communicate, choose a date, find out anout the specifics of offereings, get ferryied over to the orientation point, and have a blast on the water. We even got agreat refreshing drink at the end of our efforts based on the package we chose. Check them out. They do Rock!

Thanks J B - we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! You and your family were most welcome and it's great to hear we suceeded in making the whole process very easy and enjoyable for you.

Thanks again for the recommendation,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Surely the best place to learn and practice white waters ! I had an amazing time there, learn the roll in 2 days thanks to Colin, went through awesome waves with Jamie.
The Hairy Lemon is a very beautiful place. Ask for the frisbee golf there...

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Mathias790.

We're happy to hear you had a great time and well done for making such awesome progress!

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having learned to kayak on my own, it was refreshing to receive some quality instruction from world class paddlers who are passionate about teaching. My progress was exponential and it's amazing how much I learned over the course of just several weekends at Kayak The Nile. I have paddled with Collin, Jamie, and David and all three guides were friendly, knowledgeable, professional, and extremely helpful in teaching the technical aspects of kayaking. I would highly recommend KTN to any intermediate level kayaker who is looking to progress to the next level.

1  Thank foggygoggle83
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hi foggygoggle83,

Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of the team. Our passion for kayaking is what brought us here to the world class rapids of the Nile; we love being able to share them with paddlers of all abilities.

Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you on the water again soon,