“Excellent All Around!”

Adrift Adventures - Raft the Nile
Ranked #4 of 12 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: Heart-pounding whitewater rafting excitement; unequalled anywhere on the planet!For the serious adrenaline junkies. Join the Adrift team on the Nile for the wildest ride of your life. Expect to be washed from the raft by the mighty Nile whitewater and spend some time beneath a capsized raft. Finish off your day with an exhilarating river surfing ride at Superhole on either boogie boards or one of our surfboards (if you have some surfing experience).
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Excellent All Around!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff at Adrift are exceptional! From start to finish, they did an outstanding job at accommodating our 48 traveling people and all the activities we wanted to do. They welcomed us with open arms, patiently answered our questions, and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. They kept the kitchen open later because there were so many of us, and the food was good....most of the time. It's a little pricey, but there isn't much in Jinja within walking distance, so it's about as good as you're going to get there. They have a descent variety of food and drinks.

The rafting was incredible--well worth the money! Definitely one of the best experiences during my time in Africa. Good transportation, guides, and food! Breakfast and lunch are included, as well as a decent "snack" at the end of the day, beers included! The rapids are huge, and the guides know exactly what they're doing. You're provided with a sturdy life jacket and helmet, and they teach you how to "jump the rapids", swim through a rapid if you fall out of your raft, and how to safely grab ahold of the safety kayaks.

While I didn't bungee jump, I was one of the photographers for a group of my friends that did. They allowed me to climb to the top of the bungee to take pictures, and even allowed us to get into the boat waiting the bungee jumpers to get better pictures.

The view from the "headquarters" over the Nile River is breathtaking, especially as the sun is setting each evening. If you're a photographer, this is the place for you! And even if you're not, you won't be disappointed.

This place is a must go-to. If you've never been but are considering it, think no more! Just go! I promise you it'll be worth your time.

Hillsboro, Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of my favorite days ever!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

These guys are great! Just a great experience the whole time I was there. They picked us up in Kampala and drove us out for a full day trip up the Nile. We started out at base camp where we ate breakfast and got briefed. Then we walked down to the rafts and set out. All the staff was extremely helpful and professional. The river guides and safety kayaker a were the best. They make the day even that much better. The rapids are the biggest I'd seen people actually go over, and I do raft occasionally. They included lunch midday and ended the day with the option to buy some pictures, then took us back to base camp for their bar. Overall one of my favorite days ever. I'm glad I did it and hope to go back to raft again and maybe try the bungee jump over the Nile!

Don't bring much with you, just a bathing suit and LOTS of sunscreen. They have you leave everything else behind. Even shoes. They have all the safety equipment, so leave everything to them. Oh ya, bring some cash, but you won't need much, just enough to pay for the trip and some food/beer, and pictures if you decide to buy those. They do take credit cards, but charge more. U.S. dollars are best.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank mattwatters
San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences of my life!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Would highly recommend the full day trip to any and everyone. Had an amazing time on the water, we had a FANTASTIC guide and a great group overall. Absolutely best part of my trip in Uganda and one of the highlights of my 30 months in Africa.

Visited November 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Outstanding Rafting Experience!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The whole Adrift operation is TOP NOTCH. From start to finish, Adrift Adventures is worth it. Great instruction, transport, food, and high quality gear. You begin the day at the Adrift headquarters and can watch the bungee jumpers while you wait for your group to assemble. Then the groups are driven to the start of the rafting adventure. Breakfast and lunch are also included! At the end of the day, you are transported back and have the opportunity to purchase pictures. Be sure to bring shillings or a VISA. They do not take other credit cards. I have never rafted before, so the idea of rafting the Nile was intimidating. The entire staff put me at ease and we had an amazing time. If ever in Uganda, put this outing on your to-do list!

Mbeya, Tanzania
“WOOOOOW!!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you want to go River rafting, THIS IS THE PLACE!! We were a group of eight girls, on a two day river rafting and it was amazing. The whole crew are very talented and professionel and much fun to spent time with. We flipped a couple of times, but as we have had good instruction beforehand, we felt very safe. Did I mention that the crew are amazing at cooking?