“Simply Incredible!”

2 Friends Guest House
Ranked #2 of 37 Jinja B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I spent nearly a month here and loved very minute! The staff, the rooms, the food and the general relaxing feel of the place made a long time pass quickly!

Many Thanks to Carl and Maria for the Hospitality!

For the price, I can't recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: Try and get a pool room, it's 10 USD more but worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Biddlelad
Elinros, Manager at 2 Friends Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear guest,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed 2Friends so much. Hurry back to us!

Warm regards,

2Friends Guesthouse

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at 2Friends for 3 nights and it was great. I was made to feel sooo welcome by all. The public bar and restaurant has a great mix of guests, locals and expats. My room was by the pool ($115 per night) and was very clean and comfortable. The rooms next to the guest bar/restaurant are cheaper and the pool is 20 metres away.

The public bar/restaurant has a fantastic pizzeria, the calzones were delicious. The bar stays open until the last man standing leaves but you don't here any noise in the rooms so it's perfect for any kind of guest.

All of the staff are friendly and helpful and they provided me with a wealth of info and a good local map. The source of the Nile is about a 20 minute walk or 5 minutes by boda-boda.

I will definitely be back :)

Room Tip: I loved my poolside room but it's a bit more expensive than the other rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest, no words can describe how lovely it is to read your review of 2Friends Guesthouse.

We all live for and strive towards making our guests feel like you did when you stayed with us.

Thank you so much for appreciating 2Friends and please come back soon.

Best regards,

2Friends Guesthouse, Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Extremly nice place nearby Jinja town. This guesthouse consists on two parts: hotel ones and restaurants. Cottages are nicely decorated. Staff is very nice and polite, swimingpool small however plenty of space to relax nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alxandra_St
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was lucky enough to spend 4 nights at the 2 Friends in Jinja. The staff were excellent; friendly and engaging. The room was immaculate and did well to deliver a balanced feel of African style couple with European cleanliness and facilities. The setting for the restaurant is great, on the edge of the rain forest with a nice feel in amongst the trees. The setting is idyllic. Food was more than adequate and the African beer delightful!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank troy_ster123
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our second visit to the 2Friends Hotel, and we were glad to see things hadn’t changed much. The hotel is short distance from Jinja town center, located on what is effectively the town’s circular belt road. It is comprised of two areas, the main hotel, which is all on ground level and the bar and restaurant/bar area next door which is structured likewise. The décor and design of the place is very much in keeping with a small resort with thatched roofs, and plenty of well keep gardens connecting everything together. Dealing with the hotel first, there are three types of rooms which vary in price from 90 to 120$ a night, so they don’t come cheap, are only real gripe to be honest, making this more of a top end budget wise. The first are inside the main house located behind reception, the second rooms are located on the short path to the pool area, around which are situated the third cottage styled accommodation in which we stayed. We did however get a good look at all the other rooms as well. All rooms come with television, mosquito nets (the decent kind which are well away from the bed) The design of the rooms are advantageous for heat, in the sense that are well out of the sun and grass thatched making them pretty cool inside. The shower was, a little on the wimpy side, but it was warm and did work. The hotel section has a back-up generator for power cuts. The room furnishings are nice too, plenty of comfortable pillows and an equally comfortable bed, decent toilet. The pool is small, but nicely laid out and cute with its little rock fountain, accompanied by sunbeds and loungers, the perfect spot for reading your book, or writing one. Washing of your laundry is included in the price as is a fairly decent breakfast (Toast, eggs, omelette, beans, bacon, cake, fruits, yogurt) and there is two bottles of water added to the fridge in your room every day (Nice touch), so yes, its pricey, but you do feel at least that every effort is being made on your behalf to make you feel you are getting your money’s worth. The staff here on our visits have been exemplary. For example, one time I forgot I had left some money in an upper shirt pocket when it went to be washed and if had not been returned to me (by the cleaning staff) I would have been none the wiser. This kind of honesty can be rare is always says a great deal about an establishment. They have been friendly and helpful and can only say they went out of their way to help us, organising boat trips on the river and arranging lifts and taxis for other outings even cooking me a dish from my Danish homeland for my birthday. The manager Carl (baldy) deserves special mention, if you have a problem he will certainly go out of his way to fix it until you’re happy and Joy who serves you breakfast, lives up to her name with a smile. We should also comment on the restaurant which on the whole receives top marks, good staff and service as well as excellent food, overall the best in Jinja. Thanks to Angela, Godfrey and Maria and Doreen whom never seems to stop working with a smile. We tried a good many things on the menu, The Steak fillet could not be rivalled and comes recommended, so if you’re not staying at the hotel, still try and drop by here to eat. The hotel does come with a separate dining area for residential guests, but you have access to the same menu. The bar area has a pool table and is filled with a mix of various ex-pats, drunken old ‘Fast Show’ types…. (I’m afraid I was very drunk) and is a good mix for an entertaining evening but is located well away from the accommodation so you will not be disturbed by it at all. The owners often drink here and will only be too happy to make you feel welcome and have a chat. It’s important to stress that the standards of the place had been maintained, and if there was a blip in service in the past it had certainly been rectified by our more recent visit, we had no issues at all. We would certainly return here again as and when we can afford it, it’s not quite resort prices, but it’s not mid budget either. But if you want serene peace, tranquility, good service, good food and a really comfortable bed, and don’t mind paying a little extra, this is the best in Jinja on all those points. If you’re to stay somewhere cheaper, then we still strongly recommend you visit the restaurant, and we give both it and the hotel, full marks. Our best experience in Uganda.

Room Tip: All the rooms located by the pool are lovely and a sufficent distance from the bar and restaurant fo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Island H
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I haven't had the opportunity to stay here, but I have stopped by for meals on a few occasions. Overall, the restaurant has a good atmosphere to it and the food has been great every time. The service staff, although very friendly, could be better. They don't seem to be 100% familiar with the menu, and have gotten our orders wrong every time. The last time we ate here our food took nearly 45 minutes to arrive despite us being the only ones ordering at the time. It was very good food but speedier service would be nice, even if they do make everything fresh. Prices aren't bad for what you get.

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The place is gorgeous! The pool and garden are beautiful, the restaurant in the hotel section is romantic, the rooms are African safari chique with very comfortable beds. The restaurant attached to the property has some good pizzas. I really wanted to fall in love with it, but didn't, and that's due to the staff and how they deal with problems.
The room I was assigned for the first night had no water (= no toilet flushing, no hands washing, no shower). I was simply told 'this is Africa'.Besides it being a pretty cheap copout for any problems that may occur, why did half the property have water? The next day I was moved to a room with water (at my insistence). Still not enough for a shower, but as good as it was going to get. Upon paying, I was billed more for the room they had moved me to, as it was a larger one around the pool. I think that's pretty lousy customer service, and not in line with the price point and general standards of the hotel (at 90-120 a night it is rather expensive in Uganda). After a phone call with the manager, the issue was resolved.
Throughout my stay I did not see any of the staff smile once, and other guests noted the same.
In all, I felt a bit like the guests were disturbing the staff, and problems were there for the guests to deal with, rather than for the hotel to solve. I expected a little bit more from this place, as it has all the fixings of a really nice retreat!

Room Tip: More expensive rooms around the pool are definitely nicer.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo