“Fine with nice views over Nile”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jinja
Hotel Paradise on the Nile
Ranked #19 of 36 Jinja B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night. It was a nice enough hotel. The rooms were fine but shower pressure definitely needs some work! The staff were not as friendly as we had expected from the sign regarding the legendary hospitality of the place - should it read 'infamous hospitality'? Probably not, it was one person and we might have caught them on a very bad day. There is a really nice bar area overlooking the Nile and they have a swimming pool. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Whilst not perhaps a 'paradise' on the Nile, this hotel is a perfectly satisfactory place to stay for a few nights. It is located in a quiet residential suburb of Jinja, not too far from the centre or indeed the source of the Nile. It suffers from being on several adjacent sites, a main building, an annex and a riverside garden with pool, but I guess that is only really a problem if it rains very hard. The rooms we had were satisfactory, though beginning to show their age, but they have a decent bed, a working bathroom and even a TV, so what more do you want? My only real gripes were that the staff were initially reluctant to add an extra mattress for a third child and also that the check-out process when paying by credit card was long and complicated (why did they need to take a photocopy of my passport?). But on the plus side, they were kind enough to call me after we had checked out to inform us that we had left a T-shirt behind in one of the rooms. It's not every hotel that would do that.

Room Tip: Choose the main building if you don't want to have to walk across the road for breakfast.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank leonetraveller
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed a few nights here and thought it was a pretty good choice. The location is great for getting in and out of town without any hassles. The staff are all very friendly and keen to assist you with anything you might need. Although the rooms are not fantastic by western standards, for East Africa they're on a par with other similar places. They're clean, serviced daily, there's DSTV available as well as free wi-fi, and a lovely view over the Nile, plus hot water always available which is what you want after a long hot day. The swimming pool is a huge plus for the hotel and it's nice to sit at the poolside bar in the evening for a drink or some food. Breakfast is buffet and very good, although we discovered that going earlier is better, especially if you know there are any large groups staying in the hotel at the same time. Overall a good stay and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed one night here in November 2011, and it was clean, quiet and comfortable. There was a clean bathroom with a hot shower, two nice clean beds with mosquito nets, and a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. The restaurant was also a nice place to relax and have a soda and some simple food.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here for over a week. It was an ok hotel but nothing great. It met my expectations for being in Africa but didn't exceed it. The bed's aren't very comfortable, but hey gotta remember where your staying.

I felt very safe here. You walk down by the Nile and thats a cool experience. The food I had at the hotel was very good and I was impressed with the variety.

If I ever have the opportunity to go back to Jinja I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Having been to this establishment thrice now I must say its a pleasant place to stay while in Jinja. Its serene view of the nile & L. Victoria further down enhances its appeal. The staff is very kind & thorough, the gym, pool, steam or sauna & the roof top lounge will do you good evening justice after a long day. I only wish the rooms would be upgraded as they do not reflect the 'paradise' element of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Nile river
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We had a very comfortable stay at this hotel at an unbelievable price for a Nile facing room. The room was rather small -- and quite basic, but the service was excellent. Bathrooms were not top-end luxury but more than adequate for our purposes. Exceptionally friendly staff. I had my own reasons for wanting to stay near Kiira Road rather than anywhere else and it worked perfectly for me. The hotel buffet was not brilliant but the hotel's Victoria Bar was very good.But, do be prepared to wait for your food as it is all freshly prepared and worth the wait.

Room Tip: A Nile-facing room is best. But even if you get one facing the other way, you will look down into a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple