“Excellent Food , warm welcome and only one mosquito !!!”

Surjio's Guest House
Ranked #3 of 35 Jinja B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My son , daughter and I were made most welcome by Surjio and his staff .
Our room overlooked the River Nile , beautiful !
Our room had mosquito nets , we only found one Mosquito and had none of the problems reported by a previous guest despite it being the same room !
We look forward to our return .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve S

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I enjoyed it so much, a very friendly owner and friendly service. Great pizza ! Clean pool !
Very beautiful surroundings and little noise. Rooms are great ! Free Internet. If your looking for a place to chill and wind down this is the place for you! They are also very good to large and medium sized teams and groups, very accommodating! I enjoyed it and so did the team I was with!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just enjoyed a really good stay at this guesthouse.

The room was clean and the pool area was a lovely place to relax. The host was attentive and genuinely interested in the quality of our stay.

The food was great. The pizza was amazing!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at Surjio's because of a friend's recommendation. Although my reservation was for three days, I had to stay there for only one night. The room was the number 10 and it was plenty of mosquitoes (alive and died), therefore the annoying buzz deep in the night made me to experience an awful night.
However, I need to say that staff was kind and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sandy M
surjios-guesthouse, Owner at Surjio's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you staying at Surjios. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable. The room in question is one of our new built rooms to a high standard. The room is popular as it has excellent lake view. I have inspected the room thoroughly and found no issues. We have had many guests stay in this rooms and have not had any complaints of this nature or any other. In fact we have a family in that room for a week and asked if they have mosquito problem, answer: No.
All windows have netting and the bed has a mosquito net.
Sometimes guests leave a door open for a little while or are in & out of the rooms, which obviously will allow some lake flies at certain time of day. We would have been happy to spray your room, had we been made aware.
Nevertheless, we apologise that your stay was not up to your expectation.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed at Surjio's many times and would highly recommend it to anyone. I currently live in the area and visit Surjio's for their amazing pizza and fast wifi at lunch. The friendly staff always make it a pleasant experience!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Staying at Sujios was great as it ticked all the right boxes in making my trip to Jinja unforgettable. Firstly, the host Surjio was always so talkative and friendly which made my stay more comfortable and made me feel very relaxed. The guesthouse has a lovely pool, wonderful rooms, brilliant food and it was the perfect distance from any activities that we wanted to do and a short boda boda ride into the city centre.
Overall I would highly recommend the accommodation as it has a fantastic atmosphere and is a generally lovely place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After weeks in Uganda staying in a number of guesthouses, it is safe to say that Surjio's has been by far the best experience. The rooms are clean and the service is excellent. The food is also good and the pool is lovely, catering for both kids and adults. Surjio will definitely look after you during your stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013