“Fair”

Ranked #2 of 33 Jinja B&B and Inns
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here in December, it is basically on the budget side and is located close to Lake Victoria, about two streets away, though some rooms do not have a view of the lake at all. The first two nights I hardly slept, noisy motorcycles late at night, and dogs howling. I only slept reasonably after my room was changed. The food did not work for me, it is mostly pizza based, and I am not a great fan of pizza, I can only tolerate it in small doses at a time. Other food options are available but are rather limited and do require some forward planning, i.e. letting the staff know what you want to have for supper in the morning so that they can source the ingredients during the day. Breakfast is rather simple, with little variety. Generally, the rooms are spacious, furnished in a simple but welcoming manner. The first room I stayed in had a problem with the fan, the second one was fine. I also experienced problems with the hand basins in both bathrooms. The basins themselves are reasonably large, and the taps are of good quality. However, the placement of the taps is somehow not right, I could not wash my hands without touching either the tap or the basin, the taps are set too close to the basins. There is no alcohol served at the establishment, making it a favourite for missionaries.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the very end of the property, sleep quality is very poor due to dogs barking and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Reevutho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
wales UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hello Serjio Its Hayley from Wales!!! as promised here's my review

I didn't actually stay at Serjio's (It was full) however friends did and had nothing but praise for the accomodation service and friendliness of the staff. I did however visit on numerous occasions during our stay in Uganda. The pizza's were gorgeous the service and staff first class, I was even allowed to use the pool although I wasn't officially a guest. Jinja is a beautiful place full of friendly fabulous people I would reccommend it to anyone and hope to return soon and intend to book a room at Sergio's early enough for my next visit.
I can only comment on my own observations and did not see the rooms

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of Surjio's furnished apartments. The apartments are just down the street from the guesthouse and pizzeria. We were able to use all the same amenities of the guest house. The apartment was clean and felt cosy. It was a great home away from home for our 2 week stay. Our apartment had a balcony with a wonderful view of Lake Victoria. We spent many mornings and afternoons sitting on the balcony enjoying the view and reading a book. The food at the guest house was awesome! Never thought we could each such good food in Uganda. The pizzas are really good. The thing that amazed us the most was their tex mex fajitas. Being from Texas we know good Tex Mex. The chicken fajitas were really really yummy! Surj is very hospitable and helpful and made it very easy to book our reservation. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Jinja. Definitely the best guest house and service in Jinja!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Surjio's 2 bedroom/2 bath apartments (2 minute walk to the guest house) for two weeks. The view from the balcony of Lake Victoria is unbelievable. They had free wifi for us to use at the guest house and the apartments. We loved everything about the place and would eat at the guest house most nights. The food (pizza and mexican) at Surjio's is the best in town. We are from Texas and eat good Mexican food all the time and have to admit that Surjio's has really good chicken fajitas. The best part of Surjio's is the service. The staff was excellent and the owner, Surjio, was always checking in on us. If you want to stay at a place that is relaxing, beautiful balcony view, great food and great service then Surjio's is the place.

Room Tip: If you stay at the apartments, try to get a room on the second floor. It has a great view of Lake V...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at Serjios a couple of weeks ago in one of their (I think) pretty new self contained apartments which are about 5 minutes walk from the main guest house and when you're staying at which you can use all the facilities of the guest house.

Really really nice place, lovely big apartment that would suit a family - myself and a friend stayed there and it was huge but really nicely laid out with all the facilities you would want: wonderful showers a fully-equipped kitchen, beautiful balcony and satellite TV.

Serjit himself was really welcoming and very helpful.

All in all - highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We just returned from a multiple night stay at Surjio's with 2 small kids. We could not have asked for anything better. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the food was amazing. My one son commented to Surjio on 2 occasions that the food was "superstar amazing!" I am already looking at another stay when my parents come to Uganda in a couple weeks. Make sure you check this place out next time in Jinja.

Arua, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We just stayed for 4 days at Surjio's and it was great. We loved how helpful the staff and management were. They were super-helpful for us, especially with our 3 small kids; very accommodating. The rooms were nice, and the food was great.