1. Booking - When I first made enquiries about Fundu Lagoon I was contacted immediately by Rose and given detailed and concise information about prices, services etc. Rose took care to ensure that all our personal details and dietary requirements were correct and always responded to any questions that I had.
2. Location - As a long term East-Africa resident, I have seen literally dozens of lodges, camps and hotels in Tanzania and Kenya. As far as location is concerned, I find it difficult to imagine anywhere better than Fundu Lagoon. The place was simply stunning. Our initial reaction was that the buildings blended in perfectly with the natural environment. I was greatly impressed to visit a resort where creating harmony between the buildings and the surrounding ecosystem was not simply an afterthought. The designers of Fundu Lagoon should be very proud of what they have created.
3. Facilities - Our room could not have been more perfect. The design of the interior and outdoor areas was excellent and everything felt well laid out and spacious. All the fixtures and fittings worked perfectly and the furniture was functional and stylish. All the small details that often get overlooked in even the best of places were paid attention to at Fundu Lagoon, right down to the quality of the shower gels, shampoo etc. We could not have been happier. All the common areas and bars were as chic and functional as the accommodation. The views of the ocean and the forest were simply stunning.
4. Staff - Over all, the performance of the management and staff at Fundu was exceptional. There was clearly an atmosphere of mutual respect between Hannes and his staff. Immediately upon arriving we felt warmly welcome and comfortable. As a manager and host, Hannes was extremely friendly but not overbearing. We enjoyed his company enormously. All the bar staff, waiters and house keepers that we had contact with were extremely competent and friendly. The kitchen team are clearly talented and well trained and it was very obvious that the behind the scenes operations were functioning very smoothly. It was also a pleasure to meet Chris and chat to him briefly at the bar, he came across as friendly and passionate about his work and had there been time, we definitely would have gone diving with him. The Balinese ladies running the spa were wonderful. The quality of the treatments offered and the oils and product they used during them was excellent. The skill and professionalism of the two ladies was faultless.
5. Food and Drinks - The food was delicious and every meal exceeded our expectation. There was a great variety of dishes on offer and all of them that we tried were very well executed. The seafood in particular was prepared perfectly. The desserts were creative and cleverly prepared and presented. The bar was stocked with premium spirits and the wine was well chosen and matched with the meals.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fundu Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fundu Lagoon Pemba Island
- Fundu Lagoon Hotel Pemba Island