1,490 results
All reviews adirondack wing great room hill overlooking steep hill boathouse restaurant in town boat house hockey tournament breakfast buffet family suite the hotel sits private beach the main street an upgrade front desk staff olympic center whiteface mountain
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Great location and hospitable staff. Only 10 minute drive to White Face Mountain. Clean rooms, nice apres ski hot tub and pool, lovely fireplace lounge. Good for couples, families with kids, groups. Walking distance to Main Street where there are great shops and eateries.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BethanyGage, Guest Service Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay! We are so pleased you took full advantage of our central location and enjoyed our cozy Great Room! We look forward to having you back again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

This is the best hotel in town in my opinion. The view is amazing. Comfy beds, get pool and hot tub. What makes it stand out is THE GREAT ROOM. The Adirondack decor, huge fireplace and lights. Gorgeous furniture, perfect bar and tables. Would never want to stay anywhere else. All overlooking Main Street and the mountains. I would add that service is also excellent. There was quite a breeze blowing in from our sliding glass door. Front desk sent extra blankets and offered a space heater for the night.( which wasn't necessary, it wasnt that cold) It was fixed by 9 am the next morning.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BethanyGage, Guest Service Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Lake Placid and for taking the time to provide us with feedback.The Great Room is perfect for relaxing and taking in the beautiful mountain views! It is wonderful to read that you were able to take advantage of this beautiful lounge and restaurant. Be sure to stay with us again, your next time in Lake Placid! Thank you.

Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

We arrived after racing at Mt Van Hoevenberg as a big snowstorm was moving into the area. The hot tub was perfect! Nice to have large comfortable towels there also. It was relaxing sitting by the fireplace while snow fell outside for two days! Enjoyed buffet breakfast each morning—service was good and food was tasty. Lunch/ dinner selection was limited so we walked into town for dinner. Hotel was very busy but we didn’t hear noise inside the room. We managed to get to the workout room before breakfast to beat the rush! Beds were comfortable which helped with a good night sleep. We will be back.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
BethanyGage, Guest Service Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear 835karam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Lake Placid. It is great to read that you did not let the snowstorm stop you from having such a nice and relaxing stay! We are so pleased that you were able to take advantage of the many amenities that we offer here at the Crowne Plaza, including the fitness center for a nice morning work out! We look forward to your next visit! Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

I called and made reservations. I saw they never charged my account so I called to verify my reservations... they said I wasn’t in the computer and there were no more available rooms. After much arguing I did get a room. I was charged double for the New Year’s Eve ball tickets which were 150 a piece and had to wait for the money to go back to my account. The New Year’s Eve party was most definitely NOT worth it. The hotel felt like doggy daycare. Was I staying in a hotel for adults or animals. The food was disgusting... like frozen food items. The bread was hard as a rock. There is not much for positives here except the great room was pretty and the view from the great rom was beautiful. The hotel is way over rated. You can find something much better and reasonably priced with friendlier staff.

There is absolutely no customer service here. Nobody cares about your concerns and nobody does anything about them when you address them. They don’t mind taking your money but when it comes to their responsibility of stepping up to the plate and making right by their wrongs they don’t . Nobody cares or makes any effort to make your poor experience right. I am sure someone from the hotel will respond to this complaint with a generic apology but in all reality let’s see what they do to make right by their horrible service, food, environment, and customer / guest service . Let’s see. Because after 3 calls nothing has been addressed. Rather than concerned staff they deny and are combative . Here’s your chance to step up and make right by all your bad service.

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Klp201
BethanyGage, Guest Service Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Dear Klp201,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Lake Placid! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and bringing these issues to our attention. Here at the Crowne Plaza, we strive to provide our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I would like to start off by apologizing for not providing you with that.
The end of the year is one of the busiest times for Lake Placid and the Crowne Plaza. It is a time that brings a lot of families who are looking to celebrate the new year together and a lot of these families bring their dogs as well. I would like to apologize that you felt it was overrun by dogs. We do try and advertise on our website that we are a dog friendly location. I will be looking into this, as we may want to make it more clear, so that we can avoid this issue in the future.
It is very displeasing to read that you did not have a good experience with our staff. This was not typical for our staff members, as they are known to provide excellent service! We hope you will give us a chance and come back to see the true level of service that we are known for! We would like you to know that feedback like this is taken very seriously and we will be using these comments to coach our team. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations, as well as our own. We truly appreciate you letting us know about your experience, as it can only help us to improve! Thank you.

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

I booked here with me and my fionce for New Years. I was told by hotel staff that there was a New Years “ball” in “the great room” and that tickets were $150.00 a piece and this was a formal event. I figured it would be a classy event based on the ticket price and the room I was told it was in. You can see the pictures online. So I booked a suite for 4 days.

Well on arrival the suite was not a suite and way overpriced

The new years “ball” was not a ball at all. There were kids in this event and ransom people wearing jeans and acting like clowns. This was far from an upscale ball as described to me by staff. Also the event was not in the great room. It was in. Back room that looked like they hold seminars there. The prime rib was cold and literally not even room temperature. We were forced to sit with other people we did not know when empty tables were available and again children of all ages and teenagers were present and my fionce and I were looking for a more formal and classy New Years party. We actually dressed up and 90% of people there were not.
We were misled.

The food prepared by Mackenzie’s restaurant inside the hotel is absolutely disgusting. We ate here a few times out of convienience because it was in the hotel. Extremely overpriced and the food was frozen reheated spaghetti and meatballs amongst many other things.

The bar in the great room was nice and classy in appearance but the bar staff “Samantha “ was extremely rude. The drinks were good but very overpriced. A Washington apple coat $15.00.

With all respect to skiers and tourists I understand that people come to the hotel for their personal pleasure but the hotel was packed with skiers in heavy gear and equipment it was almost impenetrable At times due to the skiers and their gear which made it an extreme inconvenience for the average guest.

I voiced my concerns to manager ray damp (if I recall his name correctly) and I got an apology email. I’m far from cheap but I spent almost $2,000 at this resort and it was a total joke. And all I got was a simple apology. Not even any apology for how rude his staff was or an apology for his staff misleading me. I would have stayed elsewhere had I known this place would have been his way. It ruined my Christmas and New Years getaway. And I dropped thousands. I’m far from cheap but I expect what I pay for. And I didn’t get half of that. Nor any acknowledgement when I voiced my concerns.

I am verifiable and can provide reciepts of my stay.

This place is way overpriced. Beware.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank daniel m
BethanyGage, Guest Service Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

Dear Daniel M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback about your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Lake Placid. I would like to start off by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.
It is displeasing to read that you did not enjoy your experience, both at the hotel and at our New Years Eve party. The party is a family friendly function, where the dress attire is casual. Guests are more than welcome to dress as they please, as you noticed, there was a wide variety of attire. We do try and explain this to guests that are interested in booking.It seems like we did not explain it with enough detail to you and for that I am truly sorry. We host a NYE party every year and appreciate the feedback, as it can only help us to improve for the future.
We take feedback like yours very seriously. I will be passing along your comments to our management team, so that we can further look into these issues. We use comments like yours to train our staff members so that we can provide better service. We truly are sorry for your frustrations and hope to have the chance to host you again and show you the true service we are known to provide. Thank you again for taking the time to provide these comments.