I stayed at the Crown Plaza Lake Placid during mid August 2006. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was ok, but the decor in the room and through out the hotel is dated. The balconies are small. Our first morning, the shower was very cold. That was fixed that day, so there were no more problems after that. Breakfast was included with our package and it wasn't that great. The food here is average. There is an indoor pool that's open from 9am-9:30pm. It's usually crowded with kids unless you get there soon after it opens. The bar area is updated and nice. Drinks are about $5.50 a pop. There is a new suite section of the hotel. I would have rather stayed there than in our room. Overall, this hotel was ok. Very sub-par to something like a Marriott. I probably would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza