Just came back. Stayed 2 nights before new year.
The good: Hotel location cannot be better. Right above The Olympic Center. The facade is probably the best in town. The common areas are very nice.
The Room: We booked a standard double room, this being the only kind available as all others were sold out during this busy week. Rates were double the non peak rate. At least our room was comparable to a room in a.. Holiday Inn, Best Western level. Small, dated but the worst part was the heater. We called the front desk asking to check it since the noise was too loud. They said " they all make noises. I would be concerned if it made more noise than this" . Obviously they dont sleep in those rooms. We kept waking up during the night.. We should have known, when we saw earplugs as part of the room amenities included. The days we stayed were one of the coldest but did not expect to see a wet towell we left by the heater to be frozen in the morning...
Service: Our car would not start in the morning, probably cuz it was very cold overnight. We asked the front desk if someone can give us a jump. They said " we can't, our policy does not allow that. What if the car explodes.." I almost fell backwards...explode??? Fortunatelly, a fellow skier guest was more than willing to take that "mortal risk" . Maybe it is their policy ,but coincidentally we stayed on our way back in Hampton Inn and a fellow guest had a car jumped by the hotel shuttle...humm, some policies need to be changed..
Breakfast was good. But you are paying $11 for it. Is not like it was included in the base room rate. Wifi worked after trying a few things. A bit slow though.
Bottom line, if you are not staying in one of their better rooms, dont expect much. The hotel rooms need a major update . But if you only care about the common areas or location, this is a pretty good choice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza