Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel North Woods(Lake Placid)
View Hotel
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)
Lake House(Lake Placid)
1,379 results
All reviewsadirondack winggreat roomsteep hillhill overlookingin townboat housenew winghockey tournamentfamily suitebreakfast buffetan upgradethe hotel sitsthe main streetprivate beachfront desk staffbeautiful viewthe hotel offers
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the second year of an off-season guy trip on the hotel's golf deal. Everyone wants their own room so it gets a little pricier but the hotel is well maintained and there are many lakeside rooms overlooking mirror lake. Both the mountain and links courses are extremely quiet and a pleasure to play. Of note all the staff at the hotel and courses were friendly and courteous and made the trip a total pleasure. I would highly recommend except I hope no one else shows up when I'm there. Restaurants at Hotel and Boathouse across the lake offered quality food and service.

Room Tip: Rooms in original hotel are a little more dated then Adirondack Tower
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank husslage
Scott B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your review of your golf and stay package. The best pricing for our golf & stay packages is based off of double occupancy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had to stay here because of a conference. I decided to book a couple of extra nights to make this a much needed vacation. I read trip advisor reviews and because of the complaints, I asked the manager (Scott) for assistance. His usual answer to complaints was to “ask for what you want” or to ask for him. So, that is what I did when I booked the room. I paid the highest price and was very clear about what I wanted. However, we were met with a nasty woman called Cindy who told us that she could care less about our request. She assigned rooms for HER convenience and put us in a handicap room (someone else probably could have used that room-maybe the hotel would need to upgrade someone). We would have been happier with a lake view room on a higher floor (what I asked and paid for). The room was priced because of the “fireplace” (poor fake of lighted plastic with flickering foil-ugly). The room was small and did not even have a desk. The TV did not work very well. The manager told me the next day that “we will do better next time when you come back”. That is what he always says on trip advisor and I told him that we would NEVER come back.
We moved to the hotel across the road and it was wonderful (Golden Arrow). The room was so much more comfortable (the basic room at the Golden Arrow was larger-big desk, sitting area with nice sofa) and the view was awesome. The cost was much less (one third).
I do not recommend the Crown Plaza. The staff is rude (especially Cindy, but Scott was not helpful). The food is horrible (disgusting dinners on both nights). The rooms are not that great.

Room Tip: Do not stay here-no good lake views. If you want a nice view-stay at the Golden Arrow (and you will save money too).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank DEH54

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant stay with us. I apologize that you did not find our Deluxe King Lakeview room at 425 square feet large enough for your liking as well as our flat screen TV's with HD programming. As you mentioned our hotel was sold out and we had no flexibility to move you to a larger room or to a higher floor lakeview room and for that I apologize.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weekend and 2 weekdays at the beginning of May. Hotel was crowded with event arrendees on the weekend and nearly empty on the weekdays. Weekday rate for a suite looking at mirror lake and the Olympic Ski Jump was $99. Many attractions, nice staff, great stakes in dinning room. Excellent wireless coverage everywhere. Small indoor pool. The only drawback was breakfast in the restaurant and room service didn't start until 7 am, that includes coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view suite. They have some three bed rooms that are layed out very strangely. King bed in one room, two doubles in the other, with no real sitting area. May be good for family with kids.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve A

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the Great Free WiFi coverage at our hotel as we have been working hard to upgrade and improve our signal throughout the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on our next visit to Lake Placid.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took a Girlie weekend at this hotel with a great rate for late April. We got a two room suite for $199, slept 6. The room was excellent, very clean and lovely linens. The pool and hot tub were superb and facilities great, we used the Boathouse Restaurant for an evening meal (free shuttle to and from hotel) and had breakfast buffet style in the dining room, both were good value for the level of hotel. The Boathouse is stunning setting for a special meal, try to book a window table.
All in all an excellent hotel BUT.........
It is perched atop a very, very steep hill. To get to the village you have to walk down and back, no avoiding it BUT once again, there is a free shuttle to and from the village if you're prepared to chill out and wait. We waited!!!
I would recommend this hotel for all users.

Room Tip: Lake view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Footsloggers

Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel and restaurants. I was glad to see that you were able to get away with your friends and have a rejuvenating stay while enjoying our indoor pool and hot tub. Thank you for your comments from your meal at our Boathouse Restaurant and the food and views and the free shuttle that we offer from the hotel. We look forward to being your destination of choice in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location at the top of the hill in downtown Lake Placid provides amazing views, and easy access to the shopping and restaurants in town. The staff is extremely warm and welcoming. This is a popular destination for hockey tournament guests, which can at times be a little loud so you might want to confirm with the hotel for the weekend you might be booking whether they will be hosting hockey players.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I appreciate your comments about our staff and I will share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lake Placid.