Second time at the Crown Plaza, stayed in room 401. All the XX1 rooms (101, 201, 301, 401) are next to the elevator. If the hotel was crowed and full of kids this would have been a problem. Keep in mind the odd numbered rooms face Mirror Lake. Luckily we stayed 24, 25 and 26 Feb and not too crowded.
The hotel sits on a hill above Main Street. It's a short walk (five minutes) to Main Street. The walk back may be a challenge, uphill all the way. I believe you can catch a free bus but not sure of the schedule.
If you are unsure what to do (if you don't ski that is) check out the hotel's list of 10 things to do. For me it is mandatory to walk around Mirror Lake. Took the Gondola ride to Little Whiteface a bit expensive ($19) but the views are to die for. We also cross country skied at the Cascade Cross Country Ski Center on Route 76. Of course you can ski for free on the Crown Plaza's ski trails, you will need to rent skis, ask at the front desk.
Few items prevented a five star rating, the refrigerator was noisy, sounded like the air filter in an aquarium, the bathroom drain made a gurgling sound, minor to be sure but a five is darn near perfect. TV was flat screen HD.
Lastly, you can't go wrong with the breakfast buffet, $11.95 and make sure to say hi to the omelet guy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza