“Pristine immaculate hotel!!”

Placid Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Cleanest hotel I've ever been in! Had everything I needed. Pool, Lake, canoos, refrigerator.Short walk to town. Woman who ran the place was soo sweet. The bed was soo soft. Awesome hotel, awesome stay, awesome vacation!

Room Tip: A room looking out to the Lake.
1  Thank Kellyrenee143
sunintree, Owner at Placid Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

We are sooo happy that you had a great vacation, and that we had a small part in adding to that. :-) After a long summer season, your review brightened our day, making all the work well worth it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and we appreciate your kind words. Enjoy the rest of the beautiful summer.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Mallard cottage for two nights in late August. We were extremely impressed! The owner checked us in and was very friendly and accommodating. The cottage was spotless clean, spacious, and the view was spectacular. Walking distance from a number of restaurants and Lake Placid's downtown. All around great time! Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed The Mallard cottage, and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We really enjoyed talking with you during your stay. You are both really lovely people. We hope you are able to get away again and see us again, soon. Thank you, again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The place is very well maintained and the rooms are exceptionally clean. It is in an accessible location to the downtown shops and restaurants. The price is very reasonable. You can't go wrong in choosing it as a place to stay. Also, the staff is exceptional. I rate it a 10 and I am picky.

1  Thank hhb01
sunintree, Owner at Placid Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and your many kind words! Our family works very hard to keep things nice for our guests, and it is always a bonus when people like you and your wife notice all we do. If we can help you with your travel arrangements for next year, please let us know. It is/was our pleasure having both of you stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had the room pictured here - Lakeside King. The room was very comfortable (the only hotel chairs that I ever liked sitting in and the bedding was luxurious) and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Inn is close enough to town center to walk, but far enough away to be quite. Beautiful grounds, good view. Would have loved to make use of the canoe, but it was too windy.

Room Tip: Lakeside King had a nice view, fireplace and refrigerator. A small microwave would have been nice. P...
1  Thank pagypsy
sunintree, Manager at Placid Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed our Inn and decided to share your positive experience with others. The Lakeside King room you stayed in is quickly becoming a favorite for our guests!! We look forward to having you back as repeat guests:)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Lake Placid for over 35 years and very familiar with the town. We always drove passed this place but never bothered to look into staying here. WE ARE SO GLAD WE DID! The grounds are meticulously landscaped and cared for--so many pretty flowers, the owners greet you warmly and thank you for staying, the room was very clean and the bed was more comfy than our own, and the price???? The price is more reasonable than most in Lake Placid...Use of the pool and of canoes are pleasant ameneties here too. In addition, The Inns nice little spot overlooking the lake bay area with views of Whiteface seals it as the "BEST KEPT SECRET IN LAKE PLACID"!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luciern

We are SO GLAD you decided to stay with us:) So many people, including locals that stop by our Inn are always so suprised at our little slice of heaven in our backyard, located right on Paradox Bay of Lake Placid. Its a great combination, convenient to downtown, yet away from the hustle and bustle of Main St. We work deligently as a small family Inn to provide the upmost comfort and enjoyment for our guests, it's wonderful to read how much our efforts are appreciated and acknowledged. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back at the "best kept secret in Lake Placid", Placid Bay Inn, on your next visit to the Adirondacks:)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Placid Bay Inn have very clean rooms. We did not hear our neighbors on either side of us. We had a fabulous view of the lake and our son loved going out and playing in the yard and by the lake. Denise was a great host! I would recommend to anyone planning on a trip to Lake Placid.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martha R
sunintree, Manager at Placid Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about us on trip advisor. We look forward to having you back as repeat guest!! :)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I unfortunately timed my visit during heavy rains that persisted throughout my arrival until my departure. The disappointment I felt at not getting to sit in the Adirondack chairs and appreciate the view obviously was uncontrollable by the Inn management.

It was a little disappointing that the desk was going to close at 2100 aka 9 pm which made checking in and getting situated a little rushed to my liking. The evening staff of 1 was however very helpful.
I didn't like that there was to be no staff around from 9 - 9.
I made it just in time to request ice as the staff has to get it for you.
I didn't care about a view from the room as I knew I would never spend time in the room looking at a view that would always be better from outside.
My room was very convenient to my late arrival and the fact that there was no one to assist with bags etc. Convenient to parking and off and on loading.
I never heard another guest as I stayed in the room near the front by the office area.

My room was very clean and had everything I really needed. I loved the "fake" fireplace for the atmosphere and the new bath with the deep tub was a perfect way to ease away the soreness of the long day driving and touring.
I mistakenly had thought it was a B&B, so was disappointed that it was not; however the staff provided some recommendations for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
sunintree, Owner at Placid Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry your experience was a rain-out. We hope you will give Lake Placid another chance to show you it's "sunny" side. Placid Bay Inn "On Lake Placid" is a small family operated Inn with only 19 rooms/suites and 2 cottages, that is why we are only open 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. We do however have a person who lives on premise to watch out for any problems. We also have an emergency phone number posted on our front door. We do let folks know via our web site and confirmation that our office hours are 9am-9pm.
The only accommodations that have a 24 hour desk person and luggage porters are full service hotels, even though we try to ask folks that may need it, if they need assistance
If, a lodging property does not provide 24 hour desk service, Trip Advisor puts you (Inn) in the B&B/Inn category. There are many small properties in Lake Placid that are misclassified, and they (Trip Advisor) should have a separate listing for smaller properties, separate from B&B's. I'm very sorry for any inconvience this may have caused.
The "fake" fireplaces we use are the newest generation state-of-the-art electric fireplaces. They are both eco-friendly with 0 emmissions and are safer in a multi-unit building. They can provide extra heat in colder temperatures, and in the summer can be run without the heat on, which wood and gas can not do. :-) We have many folks comment on how real the flames/fire look.Our family run Inn hopes you will be able to visit another time, so that you can enjoy all the beauty Lake Placid and the Adirondack Park have to offer. Thank you again for staying with us.