“Memories at Mirror Lake Inn”

Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed June 19, 2007

I f you are looking for rest and relaxation the Mirror Lake inn is the place for it. our experiance at the Inn was of superior quality from the atmosphare to the attendtion from the staff ,it was very enjoyable. We took advantage of the spa located at the Inn. The staff there made us feel very relaxed and welcomed. For first time spa goers and not knowing what to expect the staff were experts at attending to ours needs and going above and beyond adding the experiance. We enjoyed a casual dinner at The Cottage taking in the veiw of the lake and the cozy atmosphere.The Inn is located convieniently to downtown Lake Placid where we were able to walk to the quaint little shops and sight see. For a more formal dining experiance the resturant inside the Inn is a must the cousine was excellent and the dessert death by chocolate is appropirately named, my compliments to the chef. I would recommend the Mirror Lake Inn for anyone that enjoys high standards of service and being pampered.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank RochesterBea

Reviewed June 7, 2007

I went to the Mirror Lake Inn for a weekend vacation with my family. I was immediately impressed with the location and beauty of the Inn. The staff there treated us with such respect and comfort that we felt right at home the entire weekend. We went to the spa and I got the best massage I have ever received; I wish that it didn't have to end. The food was beyond amazing and the waiters and waitresses that took care of us were friendly and fun and made sure everything was perfect. I cannot wait until my next trip to Mirror Lake!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2007

We just stayed at the Mirror Lake Inn for the third time, and it was as consistenly wonderful as always. Top notch, friendly staff in every area, great dining, beautiful views and rooms - really, terrific in every way and one of my favorite places to stay, anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Everything about Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid was wonderful! Every staff member was beyond helpful, friendly, and there to do anything we needed. The room was huge with an amazing view of Mirror Lake. As we walked into our room there was wonderful music playing from the CD alarm clock ... the music was so great, we brought a copy home with us! The lobby is so warm .. not only warm from the fireplace we sat next to and read books, but the ambiance and aroma was incredible! The pool is great for lap swimming and really fun for the family - the decor in the pool is like none I've ever seen. Every restaurant is great ... afternoon lunch on the patio of The Cottage overlooking the lake makes wonderful memories! The staff thinks of everything and leaves nothing out. We visited for Ironman in July and we had a personal note with our finish time waiting at our door when we came home that night! It was our first trip and will definitely not be the last!! AMAZING is all to say about it!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank switty
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Every year my four sisters and I go away together for a weekend together. This year we went to the Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid, NY. We arrived on a Friday just in time for afternoon tea and their famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. We stayed in the amazing Skylight Suite. That night we went to "The Cottage" which is part of the Mirror Lake Inn, across the street, for dinner. We felt right at home and enjoyed a wonderful meal together with great food. The staff
throughout the entire weekend was so accommodating and made us all feel like royalty. Saturday we went to their spa/salon. We had massages, pedicures and manicures. My massage was given in a room with a fireplace. Never have I received such special treatment and made to feel so comfortable. We did enjoy the shops in town that day but we were happiest right at the Inn. That night we went to "The View" for dinner right in the Inn and if everything else wasn't enough what a way to end such an amazing weekend. The meal was marvelous. Our weekend at the Mirror Lake Inn was by far the best my sisters and I have ever had. We made many happy memories there and memories we will never forget. Thanks much to the Mirror Lake Inn and their staff. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank LadyLilyBelle
Reviewed April 8, 2007

Mirror Lake Inn can not be topped in Lake Placid. There might be a place just as well run but I don't think it's possible. Mirror Lake Inn is a total service experience. The Food. The view. The location. The spa. We will never go anywhere else without comparing them to Mirror Lake Inn. Nothing I say here will prepare you for your stay at this fine Inn. We have already decided to make this Inn an annual event for our family.

Stayed: April 2007
5  Thank four4fun
Reviewed March 12, 2007

We generally prefer going to independently owned restaurants, not chains. We don't mind paying for a nice experience. The View came highly recommended and we were impressed with the level of quality in every way. Professional staff. Beautiful room. Great service. Food prep and presentations were every bit as good as our hometown restaurants in San Francisco. So, much to our surprise, this restaurant along with the Kanu at the Whiteface Lodge were the dining highlights of the trip.

7  Thank allymasusie