In August 2005, my family of five made a spilt second decision to travel to Lake Placid/Mirror Lake. Mirror Lake Inn gave us their last available guest room, so our expectations weren't very high (even though we were happy to have anything!). When we arrived, we were pleasantly suprised with the niceness of the staff, the beautiful hotel, and the cozy and laid-back feel of the hotel as soon as you walked in the door. You didn't feel at all rushed and the hotel, in my opinion, was not snotty or stuffy as said in another review. We were also very pleased when we walked into our room on the first floor of the mountain view building. The room was very nice! We weren't too happy when we heard the room was located on the first floor, but floor one is elevated so the view wasn't half bad. The location of the hotel is just great-we loved being able to walk right into town. The lakefront beach, swimming area, and available boats was a great added feature. If it rains, don't hesitate to go to the indoor pool-it was exceptionally nice. This summer (July-August 2006) we returned to this hotel-right now i am writing you from the room. Our expierence here again was just as nice as our first and we will certainly being coming back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Resort