We had a wonderful three night stay at Mirror Lake over July 4th. It's a perfect place to watch the fireworks over Mirror Lake as we had the perfect perch right from our private balcony.
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the area.
Our only complaint about the Inn is that the furnishings are a little dated, but I suppose that it adds to the rustic charm. Our room was on the small size (we had a Marcy classic room), but very, very clean. The bed was very comfortable. But, the best was the beautiful view from the balcony and seen from anywhere one sat in our room.
We ate at "the view", the 'bistro' and the 'cottage'. All had wonderful service and food.
The Lake Placid area is a wonderful place to relax and there is plenty to do. We enjoyed visiting some of the Olympic sites. The Bobsled run experience is great and the gondola to top of Whiteface is well worth it.
We were looking for a fun relaxing place with great lodging to go over the fourth within a day
driving from DC.We found it! Hopefully, the furnishings will have some updates, but all in all we had a wonderful stay and look forward to a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort