A stay at this luxurous resort will be memorable. We have stayed at MLR a total of 4 times over the years most recently in Feb. We have stayed in standard rooms to luxury suites, and this time we chose a standard room that had been recently renovated. First of all we were not told that being next to the walkway to the elevator would be so noisy. We were told our room was ready and how convenient it was to reach the dining room. As a 4
time guest we should have been given the option of waiting till a better room was ready. Dining at The View is special. The wait staff make everyone feel important. Breakfast this week was a buffet at $20. Per person plus tax and tip, a lot to pay if you only wanted toast or cereal. The pool and spa are beautiful and well maintained. As I mentioned, charging a fee for WIFI is unheard of as most hotels provide this free,ie, Marriott, Hampton inn. After all these years MLI of being rated #1 by aConde Nast, they need to review their policies, especially for returning loyal guests.
we should have been given the option of waiting until a better location was ready. Eating dinner at The View is special and the wait staff make everone feel special. A buffet breakfast was served every day because it was a holiday week.very costly at $20. Per person plus tax and tip, if one only wanted toast and an egg or even oatmeal The pool and spa are beautful and well maintained. After all these years of MLI being rated #1 by Conde Nast, I believe there is room for a review of their policies, especially for a returning guest .
time guest we should have been given the option of waiting until a better room was ready
time guest, I think they could have given us a better location or at least given
us the choice to wait a little longer till a better room was ready..(we arrived
For what the cost is for even a standard room, and this was more being a
holiday week, to charge for WIFI is disgraceful. Marriott, Hampton Inn and
most other hotels and motels provide this service free. The dining in The
View is fabulous., wait staff have a way of making you feel special. However, We did
not like eating a buffet breakfast every day at $20.00 plus tax and tip each for a fried egg or french toast or even if one only wanted oatmeal or toast. The pool and spa are beautiful and well maintained. So I think there's room for improvement at ▪MLI even after being considered #1 by Conde Nast all these years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort