This was our first stay and we had a difficulty with our reservation (we booked through the lake placid accommodation website and somehow the info didn't get transmitted properly to the Inn). When I called back to confirm my room just days prior they didn't have my reservation (I think it wasn't really them that dropped the ball). They rectified everything and upgraded us to a 3rd floor deluxe noonmark room. The mountain building seemed a bit dated, but our room was great and the lodge is outstanding.
We enjoyed many delicious meals at the restaurant - our favorite happened to be the yummy and original breakfasts. It was ideal for our skiing holiday as the free bus to Whiteface picks up in front of the Inn and gets you there within 20 minutes. Deluxe!
The spa was divine. We enjoyed a couples massage which was great, but really ... you don't talk or even have your eyes open so you may as well pay for the cheaper individual massage. It would be just as wonderful and a little more cost effective.
We ate at the wine bar, the restaurant and the cottage. All were great. The location is ideal. We thoroughly enjoyed afternoon tea by the fireplace with their delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies. So fun and relaxing - can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort