Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$203
$162
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$254
$229
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$199
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$169
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

Best Western Adirondack Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$226
$198
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$249
$222
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

$150
$139
Hotels.com
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$239
$232
Travelocity
Placid Bay Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$151
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$548
1,249 results
All reviewsview restauranttaste bistroterrace buildingcolonial housemirror lakecookiescottage restaurantmountain viewmain buildingsitting areaindoor poolbottle of champagnepublic areaswonderful weekendhot tubbeautiful roomthe entire staff
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A few summary comments: Warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival, impeccable service from the staff at the front desk and all three restaurants on the premises (Taste, Cottage, The View), perfect location with a view of the lake and mountains and five minutes to all the shops and restaurants in town. We had to opt for one of the cheapest rooms which we found to be clean though not overly interesting. I wasn't worried about the room, however, because the common rooms were so beautiful, particularly the great room with the fireplace and incredible selection of newspapers, magazines and games. I noticed that the staff constantly stoked the fire whenever it started to fade and also straightened the magazines. Cellphones are off-limits (thank god!) so I settled into one of the couches and read a book I've been trying to find time to read for months and just enjoyed the tranquility.

1  Thank EarthSki68
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for being our guest. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, the service, staff, location and views! We get many positive comments about our chocolate chip cookies, the wood burning fire in our living room, our no talking on cell phone policy and especially the service our staff provide. They are the best. Thank you for recognizing this. We look forward to your return to tranquility again!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a surprise. This old inn, nestled in the adirondacks, will not disappoint. I went there last week for a 3 night getaway with my 74 yr. old mother. I debated whether to spend the $650 per night(ouch) for a room down on the lake in what they call the "cottage". Instead, I forked over a doable$350 per night for a classic room up in the main building. This room had high ceilings and a fabulous view across the street of Mirror Lake. The only negative i would say is the decor may be a bit shabby for the price of the room-possibly it just needs a bit of updating.

The lobby is beautiful and comfortable. I especially liked the fireplace room with the marvelous moose head above the roaring fire. One can read, play games or just relax with a drink in hand.

The service in the View restaurant was excellent(breakfast was included in my rate) and again we enjoyed a wonderful view.

Take a scenic jog around the lake (2.7 miles I think) Also, the boutique shopping was wonderful in Lake Placid. However, on the last day we chose to search out some of the other fantastic resorts in the area and partake of their cuisine.(Whiteface Lodge)

Lastly, the spa services were heavenly(sugar scrub and Mountain Retreat or something) We enjoyed this immensely and took advantage of the steam room and whirlpool. Exercise facilities were more than adequate.

Room Tip: Classic rooms are the nicest of the lower priced rooms. Ours had a high ceiling, somewhat small bathroom. Decor is a bit outdated for the price paid. View is outstanding. Ours was #238, quiet at end of hall. Rooms seemed fairly spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nursenomo
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for being our guest! We are glad that you enjoyed your getaway with your mother, the views, dining and Spa. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa with my girlfriend and we had a great time! We secured a 3-for-2 package (offered to us as much less expensive than the Fall Foliage package which we originally wanted) from October 18 - 21. Three nights, three free spa treatments (each) and a Marcy Room with an incredible view of the lake for just over $1000!

The resort itself was much nicer than I had anticipated and the staff were extremely courteous & helpful. As soon as you walk in you feel like a king - the fireplace was blazing, the decor is welcoming and high end, the accommodations are really nice and everyone seems happy to be working there.

Our room was spotless and well furnished (looked like a luxury log cabin). The bathroom was brand new and had heated floors, but after the first day they seemed to go away and I couldn't get them back! Our balcony was small but who cares when you see the entire lake with a dramatic background of the Adirondacks!

The spa treatments were out of this world (I've only had one before coming here)! The men's parlor was incredible and makes you feel very privileged. The therapists were all very nice and knew what they were doing. I wanted to exercise in the gym and swim in the pool but with being over a 6 hour drive away from home I opted for relaxation, dining and drinking all weekend. This place welcomes gluttony :D

Overall, we had a great time staying at the resort & spa, exploring Lake Placid and enjoying our weekend away. Everyone we talked to was nice and had good things to say about their visits to the area. I'd definitely return here but either in the summertime or winter so I could hit the slopes and maybe the toboggan that's on the lake!! If you decide to come here just try and get a package deal with a good price and enjoy the free cookies (I'm a fat guy when it comes to endless cookies at the front desk)!

Room Tip: Mountain View Building, top floor (Marcy Room, best of the Classic Rooms). Very quiet with an extraordinary view!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest! We are happy that you enjoyed the fall foliage package, your room, Spa treatments and service from our staff. We look forward to your next visit! Winter and summer and even all year round we have a lot of activities to offer in this area!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Did not hold up to all of the accolades purported on their web site, from the likes of Conde Nast, etc. For $450 a night I think of the luxury of a Trump property, but that is not what you get here.

After reading the posts here I looked forward to this experience, but other than the location, this was a disappointment. They even make you pay for WIFI, really? Every mid-level hotel on the planet, like the Hampton Inn provides free WIFI. After paying $450.00 a night, you don't expect to pay an additional $14.50 a night just to get online.

The furnishings were tattered, see pictures attached. The property looked from the street like an old condo complex or a retirement home. There was no valet parking provided.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Find a different resort.
8  Thank JeffHerman
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time write about your experience. It is especially helpful for us to receive guest comments. Most of the comments we receive are complimentary responses that assure us that we are providing the level of service our guests have come to expect and appreciate. The occasional critical response lets us know where we can improve.

We do offer valet parking as is stated at both entrances to the main building but because our parking is so accessible we do not want guests to feel like they are pushed into using the service.

Thank you for bringing the damaged trim on the foot of coffee table to our attention. Since your departure one of our room inspectors noticed the damage and had it repaired. The damage you refer to on the desk is actually a burl that is intended to be part of the distressed look of desktop as designed by the manufacturer. All the furniture in your room is top of the line residential furniture made by Harden furniture including the hand carved four poster bed.

You probably didn’t realize that your hand carved cherry and leather couch had down filled tapestry pillows and even a brand new one looks similar to your picture after the couch is used. It would have been more appropriate on your part to take your photo before you used it.

Unlike many other resorts we do not charge a resort fee many of which range from $20-$50 per day. We do charge $14.95 for unlimited (not per day) Wi-Fi access or $9.95 per day all without restriction to bandwidth. Other resorts in the area do offer free unsecure Wi-Fi however we feel this makes it extremely easy for hackers to access the system as well. Incidentally your room rate was $405.00 not $450.00. The 1950 doors (???) you refer to are in a building that was built completely new in 1986.

Again thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I went on a hiking trip this summer. We really wanted to stay at the Lake Placid Lodge, but it was just way too expensive for us. We came down in price quite a bit for the still very pricey Mirror Lake Inn. We paid about $450/night and stayed for 3 nights. I figured, for that price, it would be a very nice hotel. Wrong.
I could see the look on my poor husband's face as we drove up. I think he was expecting something special for the price, but it definitely had that motel feel.
We stayed in the "cloudsplitter' room, which faced the parking lot. Beyond the parking lot, you could see Mirror Lake. In order to and from our room, you had to walk through the parking lot, or else go through this maze to get this walkway that takes you to the main hotel. We tried that a few times, but it was too much trouble, so we resorted to walking through the parking lot. Many others seemed to be following suit , lots of people walking around the parking lot to get to their rooms-- the parking lot is a central part of this hotel! Also not great if you're driving!
The room was OK -- nothing special; fairly generic low-end hotel/motel feel.
We had reservations for the high-end restaurant there, but decided to cancel, because we figured it would be disappointing and why spend all that money? Instead, we ate at their bistro, which was just fine. Better than we expected.
The overall aesthetic of the hotel is pretty confused. It's part Adirondack style, mixed in with a generic, fake-rustic style, with some gaudy, fussy gold and chandeliers, etc. And then the motel thing.
HOWEVER, the spa was pretty nice. There is a sauna, a hot tub and a pool and it's in a very pleasant atmosphere. The little beach was also sweet.
That said, there still is no justification for charging those prices. We also had to pay a month in advance, nonrefundable, which is pretty outrageous. I agreed to it because I thought it was a special place.
I would definitely not recommend the Mirror Lake Inn. Go to the Golden Arrow for half the price(and it's right on the lake versus over a parking lot) and basically the same feel. We will probably return to the area to hike, but we will stay elsewhere, for sure!

Room Tip: I'd say get a room right on the lake, but it probably isn't worth it. Our room overlooking the parking lot costs $450/night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank daphneNewYorkCity

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest. It is especially helpful for us to receive guest comments. Most of the comments we receive are complimentary responses that assure us that we are providing the level of service our guests have come to expect and appreciate. The occasional critical response lets us know where we can improve.

I was very surprised to read that you were surprised upon your arrival as our web site clearly and accurately illustrates how the property looks the location of our parking along with very clear map of our grounds. Since you were here in July I hope you took the time to notice the beautiful fresh flowers cascading from every one of the 56 terraces on the building you stayed in (see our Trip Advisor page photos) and the more than 3,000 other flowers, the lawns, gardens, streams, pond and waterfalls throughout the rest of our grounds. It is very disappointing that over the 3 days that you were here the only pictures you posted were taken at night diminishing the effect of the Artisan stonework arches and the flowers I mentioned above. I hope you also took the time to enjoy the spectacular view from your room of Mirror Lake and the incredible view of the highest mountains in New York State.

I am bit confused that you felt that our décor is a fake-rustic style. The room you stayed in has solid oak arts and crafts style residential furniture, the dresser is also solid oak with cedar draws. The bathroom has a marble counter top and wainscoting trim and throughout the hotel and in particular in the common areas you will find marble trim, black walnut floors and mahogany wood work all of which has been custom made. All of this is accented by authentic Adirondack antiques and on cool evenings a glowing wood fire in our stone fireplace that is far from gaudy. I am sorry that our style of décor confused you.

Thank you again for being our guest.