My latest trip to the spa at the Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa may not have met my full expectations, but that was not because of the spa! Having been there before, and having had more than one fabulous Swedish massage in past visits, my very pregnant daughter-in-law and I were very excited to have this time of bonding before her baby arrives. We had both attended a workshop in nearby Saranac Lake where I concentrated on yoga and she on cooking healthy meals. The day was cold and snowy so by the time we arrived, we were both ready for some quality time with a professional masseuse. The biggest task was removing all the layers of clothing, but our individual lockers were spacious enough for boots, puffer coats, hats and gloves, as well as our 'change into' clothes. Wearing the spa-provided wraps and flip-flops, we headed for the steam room and the jetted hot-tub, giving our bodies time to warm up and our minds time to prepare for our treats. D-in-Law had a pregnancy massage while I chose a Swedish one. The massage rooms were comfortably warm, had low level lighting, and smelled delicious. Following the massage, we were offered water or tea and spent some time relaxing before heading back to the locker rooms. There I took a shower, washed and dried my hair, thanks to the spa-provided soaps, shampoos, lotions, and even shavers. All dressed, we paid our bill, and left, but did not want the evening to stop....and so walked over the the Mirror Lake's bar-on-the-[frozen]-lake, the Cottage, where we were treated to music, friendly company, and fireworks from the evenings events at the Olympic venues! It was a fabulous mini vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort