We spent 3 nights in lake placid at the comfort inn. Nice, clean, comfortable room. We had a balcony with a view of the mountains as well as the road. Our room was in the front building behind the office so we were able to park right in front of our door which is a great convenience. Unfortunately that meant a short outside walk to the main building with the breakfast area and pool. No big deal really, but a consideration for elderly travellers or those with mobility issues. Our room was a good size, clean, and well equiped with fridge and microwave. The balcony was nice to sit out in the evening. Close to the road, but still quiet enough to get good night's sleep on the very comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good. Everything you could want and the staff kept it clean and well stocked. The hotel was not near full while we were there so no line ups for breakfast. Pool and hot tub were nice and well maintained. Location is good if you don't mind driving into the main part of town. If you want to be able to walk to all shopping from your hotel you should stay downtown. This hotel is close to a price chopper grocery store so we stocked up on picnic supplies each day and had a picnic lunch wherever we happened to be. Gas station conveniently nearby too. There are free canoes, row boats and paddle boats but we did not use these. Maid service was very good. Don't forget to pick up the coupons for local attractions at the motel office. We saved quite a bit by using them. They only negative comment I have is the office staff seemed uninterested and not the usual friendly helpful staff you would expect at a tourist hotel. We only interacted with them at check in and check out so this did not detract from our holiday. Overall we had a wonderful experience staying at this hotel and would recommend it for anyone visiting lake placid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unbeatable destination for skiing adventures, golf getaways, Olympic experiences and other outdoor pursuits, Comfort Inn on Lake Placid offers affordable and comfortable lodgings on the shores of Lake Placid in the heart of the Adirondack Park. Just minutes from the world-famous ski destination, Whiteface Mountain, this hotel is ideal for families, groups and even solo adventurers.The Comfort Inn on Lake Placid features deluxe full hot breakfast served daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a year-round indoor heated pool and hot tub. For groups and meetings, our hotel also boasts versatile meeting/banquet space for up to 350 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Ny
- Lake Placid Comfort Inn