“If you stay at this hotel make sure to request the room in the Main Building.”

Quality Inn Lake Placid
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Toronto
“If you stay at this hotel make sure to request the room in the Main Building.”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This hotel is split into two buildings; the main building is on top of a hill, while the front desk and some rooms are at the bottom by the road in a smaller building.
We booked this hotel for our ski tip primarily because of the pool and hot-tub. When we arrived we were very surprised that our room was in the small building by the highway while the pool and restaurant are in the other building that you have to hike up to. This was very inconvenient and took a lot of fun out of apre-ski relaxation.

We asked the front desk for a new room, but were told that all rooms in the main building are booked (understandable). No discount or upgrade was offered. You will be paying the same price no matter what building you're in, so might as well make sure you're in the main building.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Two Rivers, WI
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This was the best deal on a hotel I could find in Lake Placid. I was a little scared since it was much cheaper than many of the other hotels but it turned out to be excellent. We stayed in a pool side room close the the breakfast area. The pool area is very nice and the free breakfast is one of the best I have ever had. It is only a couple minute drive to downtown Lake Placid and the Olympic Center.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2010

What a great place! I've looked high and low to find a decent place to stay in Lake Placid. Over 10 years I think I've stayed in 5 places. None had as good a value as this place. The price was amazingly low, the jacuzzi was nice and the room was VERY clean and well-appointed. I will definitely be returning. The only caveat - if you don't have 4wd or AWD and are coming in winter, take note - you may need snow tires. The driveway is long and steep with a curve.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank catsnotkids
Albany NY
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Stayed with teen en route to college visit. Check-in was efficient, but noticed the $1.50 in room safe charge. One needs to be procative at the end of the stay to remove it and I'm wondering how many thousands of dollars they get each year from people who forget about it or don't want to be bothered. We reserved a room poolside, up the hill in the newer building. The room was ok, tricked out in 1979 style furnishings and bed spreads. Bathroom was clean and so was the rest of the room for that matter. Did not notice any signs of pet smells or hair. The nice whirlpool and pool (with a real 9 foot deep end) were a sliding glass door away. Ate at the adjoining--and down the hill-- HOJOs--85 steps down and 85 steps up. Kitschy would be a word to describe the HOJO, but it served its purpose. Didn't seem to be many guests at the Comfort on a Friday night--that is until all 20 or so guests mobbed the breakfast at exactly 7am when it opened. That being said, the b'fast was of a decent quality and free. Loud people congregated in the common area near the pool outide of our room in the evening, but was able to sleep anyway. For a AAA rate of 71 bucks, It can't be beat.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
TheComfortInn, Marketing & Sales at Quality Inn Lake Placid, responded to this review, December 20, 2009
AlbanyDave,

I appreciate your review of our hotel. Rather then adding the $1.50 safe charge to every room, we only add it to the room for guests who choose to use it. This is for insurance purposes, and every guest is asked at check out if they used the safe. The last thing we want is for guests to think its a hidden charge. We are glad you stayed with us and hope you stay again.

Jenn Penfold
Comfort Inn on Lake Placid
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Wish I had read the review from '1Travelerfrom' before staying at this Comfort Inn. We reserved ahead and were given a room ( 2 queen beds) around the corner from the office. The room was clean, but dated. The walls were very thin....other room television noise...highway traffic...etc. Not a great nights sleep.
Breakfast area was in a separate building up a rather steep hill. Wouldn't care to do it in the winter months.
Breakfast was very good and the building held a number of rooms along with the pool. It appeared to be a newer facility. It's not the first time that I felt requesting an AARP discount allowed the management to provide one of their least desirable rooms.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
TheComfortInn, Owner at Quality Inn Lake Placid, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
At time of reservation, whether it is on the interenet or on the phone, you should have been asked if you would like to be in the main building or the motor lodge near the road. I apologize for the inconvenience of being in the roadside building. If there were rooms available in the main building, we would have been happy to move you there. Having AARP has nothing to do with where your room is, that is simply a discount in the price.
WNY
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We arrived on Friday at 2pm. When we checked in we were directed to a Lakeside Cabin. I had specified in my comments when reserving (in early July) that I wanted an upper room in the newer part of the hotel. They put us in a Lakeside room(?) that reminded me of a cabin in a state park. Tile floors, no wall to wall carpet, wood interior, very dated. Smelled horrible (pets?). We went back to checkin and asked for a room in the new part of the hotel where the pool and breakfast area are. Kristen said they were all booked and she couldnt move us there. She moved us up to the second floor Lakeside room, that was just like the lower one only with wall to wall carpet. It wa just so old. Dirty spots on the rug. Smelled!
We went back to the checkin desk . Kristen insisted they were all booked up because of a large bus group coming in on Saturday. Only after I said I was going to send photos and a letter to AAA and Tripadvisor did she find a solution. She put one of the bus people in a suite and gave us a poolside room. The poolside room had a sliding door to the pool area, and was ok. The whole hotel is in need of redecorating and a good cleaning. I kept smeling dogs everytime we walked in the hotel door. My husband didn't smell it. He said they only put the dogs in the outside buildings. When we checked out, he asked the front desk clerk, and she said "All of our rooms are pet friendly". The poolside rooms are probably a ** hotel, if they can guarantee thats what room you will get. I don't think I would ever go back again for that reason. They say they don't see your comments until the day you arrive, and they cant guarantee any certain room. I have never been disappointed with a Comfort Inn, (and I have stayed at many) but this one has changed
my opinion for sure. Definately not up to the standars I expected from a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

Northern New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My family (with children ages 7, 13 and 15) traveled to Lake Placid for a quick overnight visit and could not have been more pleased with the accommodations of the Comfort Inn in Lake Placid. It was everything the description stated and more! Keeping in mind that this hotel is not in line with the Hilton or Marriott, this hotel exceeded my expectations of the more upscale "Choice" hotels.

The appears of the hotel as you drive up is very aesthetically appealing (which is a comfort in itself!). Our room was clean, nicely layed out and a comfortable size for a hotel room. The beds were comfortable and appealing for the overnight traveling with a small refrigerator and microwave for convenience. The hotel even offers complimentary use of a washer and dryer for their hotel guests.

We had a poolside room with an inside corridor access with a sliding door that opened into the courtyard of the 'tropical' indoor pool area. We could walk right out the slider to the pool/hot tub which was very convenient for a quick dip. Towels are available poolside. When I chose this room upon booking, I was somewhat concerned that the close proximity of this room to the pool might make the smell of chlorine evident in our hotel room - not a problem at all. You could NOT smell any chlorine.

The complimentary "continental" breakfast exceeded what I would consider a standard one - belgian waffles, a half dozen types of dry cereals, bagels, danish, english muffins, eggs, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, juices, fruit. It was wonderful and quite refreshing.

Yes, the walls are very thin, and we could hear the conversation of our neighbors VERY clearly - that could have also been due to the fact that we had a door that adjoined the two rooms which probably took away some of the soundproofing. We solved the problem somewhat by 'muffling' the conversation with a towel at the bottom of the door.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel; it was quite a pleasure staying at this hotel during our visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family