Most of the hotels in this area of the Adirondacks are expensive, although a few are priced $90 or lower. This one was $170 per nite. Be aware that this hotel tacks on smaller extra fees which you must request be taken off, such as "Safe charge" for $5.13. When they removed the charge for us, they didn't remove the additional tax that was charged for it and who is going to make a fuss over a few dollars - they look at you funny.
Our family had a nice time in the adirondacks - riding the gondola up little White Face Mountain, hiking the high falls gorge, etc. This hotel offers free use of their canoes, kayaks and paddleboats. Its best to use off-hours since you may get stuck with the "leaky" ones if too many others are using equipment.
We felt that the hotel was racist because they relinquished our family to the furthest away, back-corner room (which worked out ok - there were many party animals in the main hallways which we couldn't hear in the back) and then we were over charged, given the wrong room key, given bad directions to places, told that we couldn't use the boating equipment because they were all taken (turned out they weren't, we went back and the office conceded to let us use the free equipment).
Several of the hotel guests at the pool called my kids racist names - which I don't blame the hotel for but it gave me a disappointing view of the whole trip.
The adirondacks were beautiful and I was sad to come across ignorant people - but we make sure we have fun as a family no matter where we go. The Howard Johnsons Restaurant next door was inexpensive with delicious food but was dirty. The Desperado's Mexican Restaurant across the road was expensive, slow service and terrible food. Mine was so salty that I would be sick - had to ask for new. The restaurant calls itself "Irish Mexican". I didn't see any mexicans in the kitchen or on staff, but lots of college kids working.
Our family will go back to the Adirondacks again but not to this area or this hotel, we'll try something new next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unbeatable destination for skiing adventures, golf getaways, Olympic experiences and other outdoor pursuits, Comfort Inn on Lake Placid offers affordable and comfortable lodgings on the shores of Lake Placid in the heart of the Adirondack Park. Just minutes from the world-famous ski destination, Whiteface Mountain, this hotel is ideal for families, groups and even solo adventurers.The Comfort Inn on Lake Placid features deluxe full hot breakfast served daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a year-round indoor heated pool and hot tub. For groups and meetings, our hotel also boasts versatile meeting/banquet space for up to 350 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Ny
- Lake Placid Comfort Inn