“ok”

Quality Inn Lake Placid
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place was ok. The rooms were clean. However, It was snowing during our entire visit and they did not always clean the bottom lot. This caused problems with our friends being able to get to their room. Also, we wanted to stay an extra night. We had to change rooms because our suite was sold out. The staff told us we would have to check out at 11 and take our luggage down to the lobby for 2 hrs while the rooms were cleaned. I thought this was crazy, why couldn't they just let us stay a little late in our room until the other room was cleaned. Anyway, It ended up working out because I spoke with the cleaning crew and they had a room clean for us at 11 so we could move over our luggage.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Inn. Compared to other hotels in the area, this one was reasonably-priced and quite clean. We stayed in a section away from the main building, and it was extremely quiet. The free breakast was impressive (extensive selection of hot foods as well as cereal, bagels, toast, pastries). The only thing we didn't enjoy, was the breakfast area was very warm (was near the indoor pool, so it kind of felt like a sauna in there). Also found it a bit unprofessional that the staff stood by the buffet eating and talking. Then they sat down at a table beside the buffet and were talking/texting/eating. Just seemed odd that they were stationed out there

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for a hockey tornament was a good set up for the team with the pool. Beds were comfy, staff were friendly.was adequate. Do not eat at thehojos next door... Terrible! The hotwl is showing signs of wear due to all the teams that come herd.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank murphds
Reviewed October 23, 2012

we were lucky with our room allocation, we were given one at the back of the hotel with a small balcony overlooking the car park, lake and woodland, even though the car park was outside our room it wasnt noisy, as a tour group when we arrived we had a wine and cheese reception which was very nice, the girl even gave us a glass of wine each to take back to our room, breakfast was extreemly good for a complimentary breakfast lovely location

Room Tip: try to get a room on the outside of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have to start this review saying that I dont like staying in hotels and tend to be a bit picky about them...
That being said, this place was not bad, but it wasnt great either. We hotwired the room so we didnt know where we were staying until we booked. The price we aid for one night (friday night) was 149 plus tax. And that was hotwired! When we arrived to check in, I was a little disappointed. The complex is set up kind of wierd- the check in area and office are ina seperate building up front. Behind it is a motel style area with about 15 or so rooms. Then up the hill is the main section of the complex with a bunch more rooms and a dining area as well as the pool and recreation area. We got assigned a room in the main building and luckily it did not overlook the pool. We snooped in an empty room across the hall from us that did overlook the pool and I would have to say that I would not reccomend taking one of those rooms. They do not have any windows to the outside, or any natural light. The overlook the indoor pool area which is dark and can get loud when filled with a hockey team of teenage boys..... Just an FYI. The rooms are pretty dated. The televisions are the old style and are very small. The beds have those thin, rough, classic "hotel/motel" bed spreads on them, and the pillows are really tiny! The room was realtively clean, but everything was kind of dark so it was hard to tell for sure. Our rom didnt smell funny but the hallway kind of had a musty smell to it. The bathroom was the most updated part of the room and appeared very clean. The toilet seat was mind of loose though and that was annoying.
The pool was the best park of the place (not including the view out our balcony which was pretty nice) and the pool area was well kept. It was also pretty dated, but somehow in a more likeable "vintage" way and we really enjoyed the time we spent down thre relaxing in the evening. My husband and son swam and enjoyed the hot tub while I relaxed on a chair and read.
The next morning they served a complimentary breakfast, and though that is a nice perk- it was nothing to get too excited for. The eggs were good but the room was crowded, the toasters were being monopolized and they kept running out of things, like cereal and yogurt. We came down to eat about 9am and all that was really left was eggs, donuts and coffee. The dining room staff was not very friendly and kind of rude when I asked if they were going to be bringing in more cereal.
Overrall, I would most likely stay here again.
The GOOD points: nice pool and hot tub, cool pool area, great location
The BAD points: outdated, a little pricey for what it is, strange layout- make sure you pick a room that suits you. ie- remember the poolside room situation. And also there is a section of rooms more like a motel where you would have to walk to use the pool or eat in the breakfast area- its seperate from the main building.
Also worth noting- its a good location but it isnt on the main section of Saranc Ave. Its around the corner and up the hill. If you have little ones you will want a stroller.

Room Tip: Don't do poolside- they have no natural light and dont open to the outside at all. And if you w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mabrel
Reviewed October 11, 2012

When I checked in this hotel I asked for a quiet room, but the check-in guy said the hotel was booked solid and had no other choice to assign me a handicapped room by the indoor pool. What a disappointment... I had no natural light nor window, and had to keep the indoor patio door shutters closed at all times as the indoor pool was crowded with people looking directly in my room...

The room was definitely not sparking clean at all... and I had tons of fruit flies in the room for no obvious reasons. I was happy I had only booked one night there. For the price I paid, I was expecting more.

I don't understand why the desk guy said that the hotel was booked solid; the room next to me was empty and the parking lot was about half-empty.

I think people in the rooms with balcony may have had a different experience than I had.

On the positive side: parking was free, breakfast was included (typical Comfort inn breakfast), wifi too and there's an indoor pool.

Room Tip: Ask to NOT be assigned a room by the indoor pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

quick weekend trip to the high peaks to catch a little fall foliage landed us here and we satisfied. great indoor pool with hot tub in the court yard. the included breakfast is like a continental breakfast on steroids. eggs, sausage, fresh fruits, yogurt, breads, juices etc. all in a nice seating area in the courtyard. you get the idea. it saves time and money so you can get out and do the stuff you came to do. we paid $127 a night with AAA discount. its about a 10 min walk to main st. for shopping if you dont want to deal with the parking meters.

Room Tip: we liked our room overlooking the courtyard and pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid
Best Western Saranac Lake
Best Western Saranac Lake
#1 of 9 in Saranac Lake

Been to Quality Inn Lake Placid? Share your experiences!