We just returned from three nights at the Golden Arrow over Labor Day weekend. This resort was the perfect place for our family to spend the last official weekend of summer. Step out the back door and you have pristine Mirror Lake. Out the front door, and you are in the middle of great Lake Placid shopping and dining. We were in room 104, which was one of the allergen free rooms and opened out on to the grass in front of the lake. We certainly appreciated the efforts to maintain an allergen free environment. While the furnishings are a tad outdated, the room was quite comfy -- in fact, my daughter said that the bed was the most comfortable she's ever slept in! The sheets were nice and soft, not scratchy at all, and the pillows were fluffy. We really enjoyed the sandy beach, fishing on the dock, and taking the canoe out for a ride. Our girls say they wish they could live at the Golden Arrow! While that may not be possible, we will definitely return. In fact we met several families who come back every year. The resort appears to be doing a lot of work to update different areas including the pool and, it appears, a new addition on one side. (Though we weren't aware of construction going on around us -- we were on the other side of the resort). We just hope they don't raise the prices once they've finished updating, as right now it is a great value for families. We also ate at Charlie's, the hotel restaurant. While it was extremely family friendly, the food was excellent and for once, we didn't feel like we compromised on atmosphere or quality of food for the sake of a family friendly place to dine. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, and will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid