Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$110
$102
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$145
$129
Hotels.com
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$249
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$333
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$159
$135
Travelocity
$89
$84
QualityInn
Lake Placid Lodge(Lake Placid)
$599
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$99
1,413 results
All reviewsgenerations restaurantmirror lakepaddle boatsunderground parkingattached restaurantmain streetspecialty roomin townsteam roomshops and restaurantsindoor poollife jacketsprivate beachfrozen lakehotel restaurantfirst floorhockey tournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Unlike many other travelers who wrote reviews, our room was updated, had pergo floors, a fireplace, hot tub, a flat screen t.v., and updated bathroom with granite countertops. We had a nice view of Mirror Lake, and were very comfortable. Staff was fast and friendly. Location was great. Right next to town, so could walk to all restaurants and shops. Loved it here!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is a very reasonably priced hotel sitting on Mirror Lake in the village of Lake Placid, NY. We have stayed there twice, both times for a week of summer vacation. Being VERY picky about my hotels...this one passes. And for the price and location you just can't beat it. Be sure to request a lake front balcony and you'll enjoy a view of Whiteface Mountain, morning sunrises and fog burning off the lake.

The hotel provides a few boats for your use. My teenage son loves the freedom to go our kayaking in the lake on his own. There is a man made beach with lounge chairs for your use as well. One floor is pet friendly so there will be an occasional pet on the premises.

No breakfast included, but a convenient walk to the village bagel shop.

My only gripe is during both visits we would leave to go hiking and come back in the later afternoon and the room was still not made. A little inconvenient for showering, napping or otherwise preparing to go to dinner.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We spent a four-day autumn getaway at this hotel in the heart of the village of Lake Placid in celebration of our wedding anniversary. The room was perfect for our needs with a wonderful view of Mirror Lake from our balcony and was more economical than others in the area that we had also considered. We were within walking distance of virtually everything.

We didn't really have many encounters with hotel staff - - which is probably a good thing - - but when we did see them in the hallways they were very cordial. The hotel seemed busy but was also very quiet. We used the pool one evening and practically had it all to ourselves. We had breakfast in Generations one morning and found the food and prices to be very good. The couple next to us apparently had some sort of problem with their meal and we overheard a very apologetic waiter tell them that they would not be charged for it. We thought that was a nice touch.

We would definitely return to the Golden Arrow, perhaps for a longer period of time. There is so much to do in the Lake Placid area. Once is definitely not enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I attended the Olympics in 1980, loved Lake Placid and decided to return with my husband the end of September 2010. We saved for this vacation, and were able to afford a 4th floor, deluxe room at the Golden Arrow. However, when we arrived, we were instead given a room on the 2nd floor. My husband was extremely disappointed but the clerk advised my husband that they can't promise a room/floor because sometimes guests don't check out in a timely manner. Except that the other front desk clerk was explaining to someone on the phone that there was plenty of room availability since the season had not yet begun. The hallway leading to our room was very warm and had worn (but clean) carpeting and old wallpaper. When we entered our room, despite the cool evening temperature of 54 degrees, our room was hot, even with the a/c unit on full blast. We overheard a family in another room talking about the same temperature problem. The front desk clerk was advised and remarked that it was odd. The television was an old-fashioned style with a blurry picture. The bathroom was old and outdated and the doorknob was broken and would not lock. I did not consider this a deluxe room. The view (from the second floor) was beautiful. I'm sure the view from higher rooms were spectacular. Canoes are made available to guests of the hotel. The location of the hotel was great - situated in the heart of Lake Placid shopping and dining. Food was incredible at Dancing Bears - deliciously affordable comfort food in a casual atmosphere. Get the nachos! Coffee and sandwiches/crepes can't be beat at Big Mountain Deli & Creperie.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
GoldenArrow, Owner at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

I am sorry you did not find our hotel up to the standards you expected. We do always try to deliver top notch service and a quality product. It is unfortunate that we were not able to get you into a room on the 4th floor. However, my staff correctly explained to you that we can not guarantee the exact location of a Deluxe Guest room because I can not predict with certainly what all of the other guests at the resort might do at any time. They may be scheduled to check out and decide to stay over instead, for example. On your reservation, the only request that was noted was that you requested not to be on the pet floor, which we were able to grant with no problems.
Please believe that we do always try to respect and honor the requests of our guests. If it is humanly possible to grant your requests, we do so. Why wouldn't we? Otherwise I end up on trip advisor answering complaints just like yours. That said, I am sorry we were not able to get you where you wanted to be. I am glad you enjoyed the view.
I wish you had said something about the TV and the bathroom door knob while you were here. I have just spent the last 30 minutes going through every reservation on the second floor for the last few days looking for someone from your location. Luckily I was able to find your past reservation and have sent maintenance to the room to look at both issues. As always, had you said something during your stay, we could have fixed it for you immediately and tried our very best to make it up to you. In the future, please let the hotel staff know when you find an issue or are dissatisfied in some way. We will always do our best to make sure you have the best stay you can have. That is what we do and why we are here.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I have visited the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort over the years with my children and husband. We always loved the location, cleanliness and friendliness of the hotel staff and family. It is not often that staff remembers your name and that of your children, especially when the resort is as large as the Golden Arrow but this family owned property really makes the visit worth your while.

This past weekend, my sweetie and I decided that we needed some time away from our day to day responsibilities and chose the Golden Arrow as our destination.

We chose to stay in a romantic suite right on the beachfront where we readily accessed canoes and row boats to entertain ourselves and indulge in the fresh mountain air. The turning of the leaves was nearing its peak and the temperature was a balmy 77 degrees.

Our room was immaculate, the lawn well groomed and many families were busy enjoying their little ones, beachside. To our disbelief, no sound was heard during the evening as we soaked ourselves in the beauty of the adirondacks and silky, soaky jacuzzi that was offered by the luxury of our suite. The walls were well insulated and the sounds of happy children far removed from our very sheltered suite.

I want to recommend this resort to both family and friends, singles, married and romantics. It would only seem natural for me to write this review as I was fully re-charged upon my departure and most grateful for all the little extras that the Golden Arrow offered us.

It would be a great honor to visit again, sometime soon.

Thanks!