We spent a four-day autumn getaway at this hotel in the heart of the village of Lake Placid in celebration of our wedding anniversary. The room was perfect for our needs with a wonderful view of Mirror Lake from our balcony and was more economical than others in the area that we had also considered. We were within walking distance of virtually everything.
We didn't really have many encounters with hotel staff - - which is probably a good thing - - but when we did see them in the hallways they were very cordial. The hotel seemed busy but was also very quiet. We used the pool one evening and practically had it all to ourselves. We had breakfast in Generations one morning and found the food and prices to be very good. The couple next to us apparently had some sort of problem with their meal and we overheard a very apologetic waiter tell them that they would not be charged for it. We thought that was a nice touch.
We would definitely return to the Golden Arrow, perhaps for a longer period of time. There is so much to do in the Lake Placid area. Once is definitely not enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid