Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$239
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$108
$99
Hotels.com
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$169
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$303
$84
Hotels.com
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$159
$130
Travelocity
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$84
Best Western Adirondack Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$81
$76
galahotels.com
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$109
1,413 results
All reviewsgenerations restaurantmirror lakepaddle boatsunderground parkingattached restaurantmain streetspecialty roomin townsteam roomshops and restaurantsindoor poollife jacketsprivate beachfrozen lakehotel restaurantfirst floorhockey tournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2010

FANTASTIC LOCATION! GREAT ROOM OVERLOOKING GORGEOUS MIRROR LAKE. (Nicer than nearby Lake Placid Lake- no motor boats on Mirror Lake.) THIS PLACE HAS A GREAT POOL AND ITS OWN LITTLE SANDY BEACH WITH PEDDLE BOATS AND ROW BOATS. We arrived last night and as soon as we walked in the room, we knew we had to extend our stay for another night. I'm so glad we did!!! Our big, immaculate room has a comfortable king size bed, very good shower, mini-fridge, microwave and balcony with a couple of chairs. Very good front desk staff. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

The Golden Arrow was a great place to stay. It was our sixth time in Lake Placid and our first time at the Golden Arrow and we liked it the best of all. Generations restaurant was a convenient place to eat with great food for dinner and the right size portions for breakfast. We had only one bad experience our whole trip and that was Dinner on Saturday night. We made the unfortunate mistake of eating at "The Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood Restaurant. We were seated at 6:40 and at 9:15 we were served our meal. Our kids lost their appetites and I lost my patience. Our bill was $261.05 without tip for 2 adults and 3 children. When I brought our dissappointment to the owner's attention he told us to "just pay our bill and get out." I introduced myself and asked his name and he would not tell me. He then walked away from me. The same thing happened 5 years ago, slow service with no response. Never Again!! Now I will tell everybody to not go there unless you want your night ruined.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
GoldenArrow, Owner at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2010

Thank you so much for reviewing the Golden Arrow and Generations. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will return again in the future. I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Adirondack Steak and Seafood. Unfortunately we are not affiliated with that restaurant and can not speak to what went wrong with you meal there. Next time you return to the Golden Arrow we would be happy to recommend other alternatives for dining. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Lake Placid, you will never run out of good places to eat. We look forward to having you back at the Golden Arrow.

Reviewed August 30, 2010

I am just home from yet again... another stay in OUR SLICE OF NY HEAVEN.. LAKE PLACID, NY- GOLDEN ARROW LAKESIDE RESORT...
We are know there as having the "Disney Girls" as my Girls now 9 and 6 would rather go to Golden Arrow than Disney World... This resort has just gotten better each and every year.. The staff and the building.. Watching our girls comfortably going in and out of the room tto the beach, docks and boats.. With no worries... And as my girls grow so do our adventures... Now I watch them play with perfect strangers (children) and become instant "best Friend" .... When we awoke a paddle boat wasn;t working not 10 mins later an employee was down to fix it... The staff accommodated us with early check it, late check out, ground floor lakeview and even hot cocoa packets as I don't drink coffee and woke to a nasty sore throat. Magically, when the sun went down all the beach chairs were placed neatly on the beach as well as the beach raked.. We were on the ground floor and never heard a thing... Only the Loons as we slept with our door open...
The only question the girls had... Where is Ruby, the little Beta fish that you had on the front desk...
I also would like to add that we had to cancel twice due to a child being sick and then to our van in the shop.... not once was a nasty voice on the other end... only hope to seeyou soon : )
Please check this out as a great family friendly hotel.... I wouldn't mind staying there as a romantic get-away either, but I think I am stuck at least 10 more years : )

Reviewed August 28, 2010

In late Aug. 2010, my wife and I returned to the Golden Arrow Resort. We had decided to revisit the Golden Arrow as we were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversery and as part of our original wedding trip we had stayed at the hotel in Aug. 1965. What a wonderful stay we had ---- possibly even better than our first stay. As always the views of the lake are best from the Golden Arrow and no one could expect any thing better from the staff. We felt that every staff member was trying to make our stay a perfect one. The employees at the reception desk were great with their welcome and in answering every question we had. We made use of their knowledge of the area and of the many fine eateries in the Lake Placid area. Much has changed at the Golden Arrow during the last 45 years and all of those changes have made it better. Our room was a delux room with a king bed on the 3rd floor with a lake view ------it was perfect. We had a great view of the lake, Whiteface Mtn and many other wonderful views including a full moon lighting Mirror Lake and the mountains. Another noteable change is the room price: 45 years ago we recall paying about $25 per night ---- which seemed like a hugh amount to two 22 year olds just out of college. We plan to return soon as we think another 45 years won't work well.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed here for two nights in early August after not having been to Lake Placid for 16 years. The hotel has a beautiful setting along Mirror Lake and is centrally located in the village making its location convenient. The staff was friendly and our room, overlooking the lake, was clean. The wi-fi worked fine and we used the underground parking. The indoor pool looked nice although we did not get chance to use it; nor did we use the paddleboats, canoes or rowboats which are also provided.
The hotel layout is a little confusing but once you figure it out you're ok. The air conditioning unit in our room was extremely noisy, not when just the fan was running but when the compressor kicked-in; loud enough to disturb sleep. Also the shower head in the bathroom was at a very low height, I don't know why it was mounted so low.
We had one breakfast in the attached restaurant. The food was so-so, the price was ok for breakfast but the service was so slow we did not return.
If in Lake Placid again we would consider staying here.