1,491 results
All reviews generations restaurant mirror lake underground parking paddle boats attached restaurant main street specialty room in town steam room shops and restaurants indoor pool life jackets private beach frozen lake hotel restaurant dog sledding first floor
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Hotel billed my credit card for lake view but failed to mention there was a charge for this. I asked twice upon check in if there would be any additional charges as I didn’t want anything billed to that credit card. They assured me there weren’t any outstanding charges and that everything was paid in full - only to see the charge on the credit card two days later.
I called and spoke with Jennifer who claimed to be the owner but she was unwilling to take off the charges even though her staff told me on two different occasions that there weren’t any additional charges.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Jennifer H, Owner at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear guest
As I attempted to explain to you over the phone, you booked via Can Am hockey tournament. There was a request for your entire team to be upgraded to rooms with a view of the lake for $10 per night. These requests are done through Can Am and your team manager or coach. I only get a rooming list with the requests on them. I can not explain why you were not told about the upgrade request and corresponding fee ahead of time because our resort had no contact with you before your arrival.
I do know at check in you signed paperwork that had this fee listed on it. (This is the document I emailed to you yesterday along with the rooming list with the request and corresponding surcharge listed on it.). I also know you never came to check out. Had you done so we would have gone over this charge with you at that time.
To be honest we are talking about $30 plus tax. I would have happily refunded that to you when we spoke yesterday if you had been polite and I did not have to ask you to stop shouting twice during our conversation. I am always happy to help people who are respectful and kind.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

Room was warm and clean, staff friendly, easy access to main street attractions thru passage way to mini mall. It was too cold to enjoy the beach on this visit but access from room is perfect. free parking is nice also.

Date of stay: October 2018
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review Sparkle D! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and the free parking! We hope to see you again for another great trip - perhaps when it's warmer so you can use the beach!!

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Very nice little resort! My daughter had a ice skating competition up here for the weekend. The resort was a perfect nice little cozy place, just what we needed. Staff was very polite and the hotel was very clean. Great views from the lobby and our room. I’d recommend this place to anyone coming to the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Thank you for the great review Donald! We're glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be nice and cozy! We hope to see you again soon for another great stay!

Reviewed October 21, 2018

This hotel sits on Mirror Lake in Lake Placid, NY. The location is perfect. It is within walking distance to shops, restaurants and Olympic history. The view from the lobby is beautiful. Overlooks the lake and mountains. The colors of fall were showing in the surrounding mountains. The room was really nice and comfortable. It had a balcony, too. The fitness center is one of the nicer ones we have worked out in. A bit hard to find, but it’s worth the hunt.
A special shout out to Mike who checked us in. He is a great guy. Thank you for making our stay special!

Room tip: Get a room with a Lakeview
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the gorgeous views. We're glad you were able to see some fall foliage as well! We're glad you were able to use our great fitness center (which also has a great views of Mirror Lake and the mountains!) We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2018

We booked a room online for a room with "3 queens"- needless to say it was just 2 queens and an uncomfortable sofabed. I'm sure somewhere in very fine print it said sofabed, but it was advertised as 3 queens- so buyer beware. But it was a nice room- walkout to the beautiful lake.
No breakfast was included, but there is a muffin bakery very close by. We ate dinner at the restaurant, which is very difficult to find if you are staying at the hotel. The lobby is large and nice, but the rooms really need to be upgraded. Everything in Lake Placid was redone by 1980 (for the Olympics) and nothing seems to have been redone since. It's long overdue. The room was large, as was the bathroom, but the 1970's were very evident. The hotel had a nice pool and sauna.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Thank you for the review pelaminnesota. We're sorry you were not more satisfied with your stay.
We're sorry for any confusion you had while booking online, but we do not have any rooms advertised with 3 queen beds that have a walkout to the lake. We're glad you enjoyed the close proximity to Mirror Lake though!
There are a variety of breakfast options within walking distance from the hotel, so we are glad you found a good one. Our restaurant, Generations, does offer breakfast as well, which many guests enjoy. We're sorry you found it so difficult to find the restaurant, most guests tend it find it very easily. Our front desk staff is also very helpful in giving guests directions should you need them. We hope you had a nice dinner there. We're sorry that certain areas of the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are continually updating the hotel to give our guests the best experience possible, so I can assure you there have been many updates since 1980. We hope you decide to give the Golden Arrow another try on your next visit to Lake Placid.