1,501 results
All reviews generations restaurant mirror lake underground parking paddle boats attached restaurant main street specialty room in town steam room shops and restaurants indoor pool life jackets private beach frozen lake hotel restaurant dog sledding hockey tournament
Reviewed July 8, 2018

My family stayed there Julu 01-4 for 3 nights. It was great.
Beach was great for kids, safe and easy to watch over them.
Front desk people were great. The front desk woman from Edgewater NJ was very nice and great to deal with.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Joell S, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you johnkschaber for the 5 star review! We're glad to hear you had a great time with your family at the resort! We had some amazing weather so I'm sure you had a lot of fun at the beach! We hope you enjoyed the views of fireworks on the 4th.

Thank you once again for the review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We go to Lake Placid yearly to attend the Lake Placid horse show. Last year we stayed in a different hotel, but I had my eye on the Golden Arrow because of the beach front and location over looking the lake. So this year we spent the extra money to stay here and it was worth it!

The kids loved having the option to swim in the pool or the lake. They supply a bunch of paddle boards, kayaks and other water activities. It does get busy and it was hard to find a chair, but we were fine to relax on the lawn by the beach.

Our dog travels with us and we found that they were very accommodating of him. (He got treats at check in!)

The view from our room was beautiful. The beds were comfortable and the room and bathroom were quite spacious. It was also nice to have a fridge and microwave. Our only complaint is that the pillows were too soft for our liking.

All of the staff were friendly, accommodating and they made excellent recommendations for places to eat etc.

The highlight of our stay was being able to enjoy the wonderful 4th of July fireworks in our pajamas right from our balcony!

We will definitely be staying here again next year!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you Cheryl for the 5 star review! We love to hear that you gave us a chance and were very pleased with the accommodations. It sounds like you took full advantage of the hotel from the beach to the Lakeside room with a view of the fireworks! What an amazing time to be at the resort.

Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to seeing you and your family again next year.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

In June 2018 I was headed to Lake Placid for a conference, and went hunting for hotels. Golden Arrow was first on my list.

Then I ended up spending two hours trying, and failing, to get a reservation. Not because they had no vacancies, but because the staff and their website kept frustrating my attempts.

I spent two (2) hours online and on multiple phone calls. First, a phone call, which placed me on hold for a long time, then dumped me into voicemail (I left detailed information; they didn't call back). Second, a chat session on their website. The staff member was multitasking between me and some number of other people, and clearly couldn't devote attention to me, as he frequently went silent for long periods of time. After a longer while he claimed to have scored a reservation for me... but told me I'd need to make a phone call to get it after all, meaning he'd just wasted my time and attention. He did solicit my sympathy because he was dealing with too many customers, and wasn't interested in how he'd fruitlessly burned up hours of my life.

I called several more times and went through the same process as before: long hold times, then voicemail without result.

Ultimately I just gave up and went with another hotel (Crowne Plaza, and it was very good: recommended). The next day I called and actually got through to a human being. They were apologetic, but couldn't help me, as they didn't have a manager on site, even though it was business hours.

It's an example of one of the great business problems that customers encounter - when we try to give a firm money, and they make it as hard as possible. How strange and frustrating.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank bryana332
Joell S, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hi Bryana332,

Thank you for the review. We apologize that you had this experience while trying to make a reservation as it is very atypical. The summer, however, is our busiest season so we do have higher call volume. In order to fill this need we do have new staff in training so that may explain some of the slower response times.

We do our best to ensure a great customer experience, which I'm sure you'll see from our other reviews here on Tripadvisor. We apologize that you had this experience and will do our best to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. We hope you enjoyed your time in Lake Placid, and we hope you give us a chance on your next visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

The Golden arrow has variety of room types for families, couples and the single traveler.They have inside pool and fitness center. We went for our anniversary weekend and the weather was prefect, the lake side beach was lovely. They offer kayaks, canoes, paddle boards,etc at no extra charge. Mirror Lake is a no mother boat lake which makes distance swimming and boating wonderful. Generations is attached and has great meals. The hotel has received many eco friendly awards. Great place for any season.

Room tip: The lobby is on the 3rd floor. The ground floor (1) has walk out rooms to the lake.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for the great review James! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and got to experience everything the Golden Arrow has to offer. It's always nice when the weather works out in your favorite; it makes the beach and amenities even more enjoyable. We hope to see again soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We came by motorcycle! We were able to park in the hotels parking garage so if it rained, the bike would have been dry. The hotel was absolutely amazing, perfect accommodations, beautiful views and great location being right on the lake and right in town. Everything we needed was within walking distance from the hotel. Many restaurants, shopping, night life and even a laundromat. The view from the restaurant was beautiful and the food was delicious. We will definitely stay here again. All pros no cons, We loved it!,

Room tip: We had room 123; lake front, with patio, close to beach, water activities and fire pit.
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you lmai0ne for the 5 star review! We're so glad to hear that your stay with us, from the food to location was absolutely perfect. We hope you had a wonderful time around town and had some amazing weather to explore the Adirondacks with your motorcycle.

Thank you once again for the amazing review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lake Placid.

Joell