1,471 results
All reviewsgenerations restaurantmirror lakeunderground parkingpaddle boatsattached restaurantmain streetspecialty roomin townsteam roomshops and restaurantsindoor poollife jacketsprivate beachfrozen lakehotel restaurantfirst floorbeautiful view of the lake
Reviewed July 4, 2018

In June 2018 I was headed to Lake Placid for a conference, and went hunting for hotels. Golden Arrow was first on my list.

Then I ended up spending two hours trying, and failing, to get a reservation. Not because they had no vacancies, but because the staff and their website kept frustrating my attempts.

I spent two (2) hours online and on multiple phone calls. First, a phone call, which placed me on hold for a long time, then dumped me into voicemail (I left detailed information; they didn't call back). Second, a chat session on their website. The staff member was multitasking between me and some number of other people, and clearly couldn't devote attention to me, as he frequently went silent for long periods of time. After a longer while he claimed to have scored a reservation for me... but told me I'd need to make a phone call to get it after all, meaning he'd just wasted my time and attention. He did solicit my sympathy because he was dealing with too many customers, and wasn't interested in how he'd fruitlessly burned up hours of my life.

I called several more times and went through the same process as before: long hold times, then voicemail without result.

Ultimately I just gave up and went with another hotel (Crowne Plaza, and it was very good: recommended). The next day I called and actually got through to a human being. They were apologetic, but couldn't help me, as they didn't have a manager on site, even though it was business hours.

It's an example of one of the great business problems that customers encounter - when we try to give a firm money, and they make it as hard as possible. How strange and frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank bryana332
Joell S, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hi Bryana332,

Thank you for the review. We apologize that you had this experience while trying to make a reservation as it is very atypical. The summer, however, is our busiest season so we do have higher call volume. In order to fill this need we do have new staff in training so that may explain some of the slower response times.

We do our best to ensure a great customer experience, which I'm sure you'll see from our other reviews here on Tripadvisor. We apologize that you had this experience and will do our best to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. We hope you enjoyed your time in Lake Placid, and we hope you give us a chance on your next visit.

Joell Stetson

Reviewed July 2, 2018

The Golden arrow has variety of room types for families, couples and the single traveler.They have inside pool and fitness center. We went for our anniversary weekend and the weather was prefect, the lake side beach was lovely. They offer kayaks, canoes, paddle boards,etc at no extra charge. Mirror Lake is a no mother boat lake which makes distance swimming and boating wonderful. Generations is attached and has great meals. The hotel has received many eco friendly awards. Great place for any season.

Room Tip: The lobby is on the 3rd floor. The ground floor (1) has walk out rooms to the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for the great review James! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and got to experience everything the Golden Arrow has to offer. It's always nice when the weather works out in your favorite; it makes the beach and amenities even more enjoyable. We hope to see again soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We came by motorcycle! We were able to park in the hotels parking garage so if it rained, the bike would have been dry. The hotel was absolutely amazing, perfect accommodations, beautiful views and great location being right on the lake and right in town. Everything we needed was within walking distance from the hotel. Many restaurants, shopping, night life and even a laundromat. The view from the restaurant was beautiful and the food was delicious. We will definitely stay here again. All pros no cons, We loved it!,

Room Tip: We had room 123; lake front, with patio, close to beach, water activities and fire pit.
Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Joell S, Marketing Strategist at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you lmai0ne for the 5 star review! We're so glad to hear that your stay with us, from the food to location was absolutely perfect. We hope you had a wonderful time around town and had some amazing weather to explore the Adirondacks with your motorcycle.

Thank you once again for the amazing review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lake Placid.

Joell
Golden Arrow

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Everything clean and comfortable, staff helpful and friendly. The best however is the beach; deck chairs, kayaks, canoes, water bikes!!, family paddle boat for three. All available all with life-vests ( in many many sizes). No charge, just a small tip bowl and the staff is actually helpful. Just a great place. I recommend highly.

Room Tip: try to get a lake view, odd numbers I believe
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline C
Dain L, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Thank you Caroline for the 5 star review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and all of our amenities. It sounds like you took full advantage of the lake! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lake Placid.

Dain Lewis
Director of Makreting

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay at the resort and at the same time period. I can't begin to say how wonderful are the accommodations and staff. We had a king wool overlooking the lake. The room is well appointed with a fridge, microwave, and a Keurig coffee maker. They provide real coffee mugs, glasses and large handled mason jars. Breakfast from the menu was included with the room. The restaurant is farm to table and delicious. I had the salmon for dinner and it was amazing. Happy hour drinks were available when showing your room card. The resort and rooms are kept updated and we'll maintained. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyndyjones47

Thank you cyndyjones47 for the 5 star review! It sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities and even our restaurant! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lake Placid.

Dain Lewis