We came for a romantic weekend, and stayed in the Normandy suite, the one that has the large jacuzzi tub. Well, the jacuzzi really was as great as advertised; large and comfortable, and so was the bathroom itself. The room itself was spacious, with wood-burning fireplace (firewood was kindly provided, and more than we could burn), large king size bed and large comfortable couch. We couldn't use the balcony because it was very cold, but the view of the lake was beautiful. I can only imagine how magnificent it is in the summer. We had a microwave and coffee maker, so we could enjoy nice tea time in the evenings.
We went to their restaurant for breakfast, and were pleasantly surprised to find breakfast buffet for only 10 dollars per person; which was filling and delicious, great before a strenuous hike.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. Location on the Main street makes it easy to go into "town" to enjoy some souvenir shopping or to find a place to eat.
However, this room has a connecting door to the adjacent room, to make it into one large suite I guess; and as a result, you can hear anything and everything that goes on in the other room. So much for privacy.. Also, I was surprised to find out that there were no tissues provided, which is a usual amenity in all the hotels I stayed. I don't know whether it has to do with them being "green", but it was inconvenient.
Parking garages were a little bit of a maze.. but we figured it out. Just go slow :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid