I had to call a few times after I made reservations online. I was suppose to receive a call back with an answer to my question, but I never got a call back. I called again the next day and my question was answered to my satisfaction. The rep was always very pleasant. I also emailed the day before our arrival to ask for an early check in, which they could not guarantee, but we got it!
We stayed in The Main Street Condo 500 Unit. It's a hop, skip and a jump from the parking garage. Upon walking up the hallway stairs to the unit, I was a little nervous b/c it was sandy, salty and musty. My family of 6 was pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to the unit. There was a large leather sectional,large coffee table,flat screen tv, small kitchen table with seating for 6. There small bedroom was adequate...wish there was a TV in there. The downstairs bathroom had shower. The upstairs loft was quite large, with two queen beds, an arm chair, desk and flat screen tv. There was plenty of room to walk around in the loft. The bathroom upstairs in have a tub but the jets did not work. I only wished that the carpets were better taken care of...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid