We stayed 2 nights here and would like to have stayed longer. We broke our long drive from Canada to Washington DC. The views and the surrounding town were delightful. We had a stunning lake view - definitely would not consider the village view. The real attractions for us were the views and the feel of the village - almost like being in one of the alpine resorts in Europe. We walked right from the room corridor through a little shopping arcade and coffee bar right out on the 'village' street - full of bars, eating places and shops.
This was just out of season (after Labor Day) but still busy, all places open and lots to do. The hotel brochure says apart from November & one spring month they consider this an all season resort. We can believe it. People were out canoing, sculling, rowing and even a pedal boat. Several hardy people were swimming up and down the lake. There is a grassy sitting area and a white sandy beach for sunbathing
The meals on offer in the town (unless you went to hotel restaurants) did seem to rely a lot on bread or dough products. There was a great Crepe house but you can't eat pancakes all day long! We may have missed some places of course.
The hotel was very comfortable but showing its age - in our room the furniture and furnishings were a bit worn . Probably not a great problem if you were here on a winter sports holiday, but a bit 'sad' for a summer holiday.
We wanted a big bed for a romantic time here - only two separate beds, and the hotel would not put them together
Secondly a warning - they have a rigid/costly cancellation policy for prior cancellation, no show or even cutting short a current visit.
This is a lovely area, and the hotel really is beautifully positioned. It was a dream to wake up in the morning and look over this view of Mirror Lake. We will definitely come back to the Adirondacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid