Located on the shores of Mirror Lake & right on Main Street, the Golden Arrow is perfectly situated. It is an easy walk to shops, restaurants, and did I mention it's right on the Lake?
The hotel's lobby has an enormous window overlooking Mirror Lake (I've included some photos) and has tons of amenities for all ages - night club, game room, hot tub & pool, etc. The attached restaurant, Charlie's, is extremely convenient as well.
There were a few minor inconveniences that kept this from being a five star review, however. During my stay, there was construction on an additional wing. It woke me up every morning at 8am, so if you enjoy sleeping in while you're on vacation, request a room in the North Wing. The first morning I was there, I asked the front desk if the construction workers always began so early and was told that they weren't suppose to be starting until 9am (even though they did begin at 8am every day I was there). Also, while the hotel advertises WiFi in all the South Wing rooms, I could not get a signal. When I informed the front desk of this fact, I was told that the hotel is still working on getting more wireless towers mounted, and was offered many other areas in the hotel where I could access the internet. It turned out that I did enjoy surfing the net in the lobby in front of the crackling fireplace - but, the hotel should not advertise WiFi in all South Wing rooms if they know that it's not yet true.
With both of these inconveniences just mentioned, why didn't I ask for a new room? I had just unpacked everything when I found out that I didn't have WiFi and I didn’t discover the construction noise until the next morning. It would have been a huge pain to repack just to move down the hall for what were really only minor issues.
Still, the staff was very friendly and in spite of the minor problems, I did enjoy my stay and would return (next time, I will check the wireless signal before I unpack, though).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid