We stayed in the Treetop Room for just one night. The room is located at the top of the staircase in the main inn and we did not see other guests this midweek night. The room faces the southern most point of Lake Placid but it was a bit hard to capture a waterfront feel through the foliage in the yard leading down to the water's edge. It was a cool Sept. night so air conditioning was not needed which suited us fine! The room, bed, and furnishings were comfortable but the bathroom was very tiny with a small sink opposite the toilet and an old fashioned (yet charming) tub with a shower head. We were so pleased with the complimentary canoe/kayaks and set out for a paddle right away...what a fun way to sightsee this lovely area! Afterwards we enjoyed wine (which we brought but they do have a bar) while taking in the view from the lounge chairs. Dinner at Paradox was great so be sure to reserve a time well in advance as most dining guests are not staying there. We walked off our meal by heading to town and then kept going around the entire Mirror Lake loop. The next morning we had coffee, juice, raspberries,eggs,Canadian bacon and toast for breakfast (glad we took that long walk) and figured out our day with Nan's great suggestions...our favorites being the Lake Placid Tour Boat (a must do!) and a hike up Cobble Hill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradox Lodge and Cedar Lodge guest rooms all have private bath and rates include a full breakfast that is cooked to order. The Cedar Lodge rooms all have king amenities with the Pisgah and Jenkins rooms having gas fireplaces and decks. All guests have access to the lake front and free boats. Breakfast is served in the dining room in the main lodge (Paradox). We also have a full bar and guests can relax in the living room in front of the fireplace. Our restaurant now serves private dinner parties and special events with advance notice and a minimum of six guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Paradox Lodge & Cedar Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradox Lodge And Cedar Lodge
- Paradox Lodge & Cedar Hotel Lake Placid